close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

14' Tracker Jon motor?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by eness76, Sep 4, 2007.

1. I'm going to purchase a 14' Tracker 1436 and I'm trying to decide between a 6hp and the 9.8hp Tohatsu/Nissan outboards. Do you guys think a 6 would be enough for the job with 2 sometimes 3 adults or should I just bite the bullet (extra $400) and get the 9.8? Thanks,
    Eric

2. flounder

flounder 2 min 30 sec from Hoover

Get the 9.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be sorry if you don't. I have an older 8.0 hp and will be looking for a 9.9 this winter.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i'd go with the 9.8.not sure if i'd go 4 stroke due to extra weight.that boat is really a 2 person boat,even though rated for 3.weight limit is the important factor and unless you're all(3) small,you'll exceed the app.450 pound limit.not that it won't float with the extra weight,but i could be a potential problem,if not safety wise,then from a legal standpoint.johnny law will frown on you for being overweight.
    lakeraider can testify to that:D;)

4. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

9.8 all the way - you'll be sorry if you don't.

Oh, and a big thumbs up on Tohatsu/Nissan motors!

5. Alright guys, thanks for all the help, and fast too. I guess it's 9.8 all the way.

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I have that same boat. I have added casting decks and the whole "bass boat" setup. I have a 9.9 hp and wish I had more!

7. Not sure if you would be intrested in a used outboard. If you are I have a like brand new Nissan 9.8 I bought it new at Cabelas 3 yrs. ago and only used it 4 or 5 times. PM me if you are intrested

8. thanks for the offer, but I've already got one inbound.