close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

14 foot shark meets 250 lb tarpon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GMR_Guy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Great read! Thanks for sharing

2. When my family an I were fishing in Florida a few years ago something very similar happened to us. One of us caught a Bonita and was reeling it in when the line just started screaming. After that, it was incredibly easy to reel in the fish. When we got it in, it was half of a 20lb. bonita with a gigantic circular shark bite taken out of it. We never saw the shark, but there was no doubt that a shark ate half of our fish.

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

4. Very cool article! That would be a major rush to be latched on to the otehr end of an animal that size. I can't even imagine it.:eek:

5. I just finished watching the video. Talk about a cool video.:eek: I just had to turn the volume down because I got a bit tired of the redneck language.:rolleyes:

6. mrjbigfoot

mrjbigfoot Mike

Absolutely awesome, they were having a serious blast in the video! Thanks GMR_Guy, I needed that on a Friday! ;)

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Good story, great they got pictures & video !

[​IMG]

8. I think it is a big skipjack and they should freeze it for catfish bait. It looks like their equipment is seriously undersized for the task. My two catfish rods are a lot bigger than their rods. Maybe my catfish rods are seriously oversized for catching local catfish. It's good that they got pics and video or few peope would beleive them.

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i would love to fight that tarpon when it was alive..maaan, can you imagine? i would be pulled in probably.. :D

10. no doubt you would be pulled in!

J

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Wow thats a great story. I can't find the links for the video though :(

12. mrjbigfoot

mrjbigfoot Mike

I'm rolling on the floor right now...LOL!!! If I have a heart attack & die from laughing, my wife will know it's your fault...LOL!!!

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

The link is in black type right under the 1st picture......

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Wow!
    I too thought their tackle is undersized, so I looked @ their web site, they focus on Red Snapper, Grouper, etc...