close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

14' flat bottom?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rustyfish, Aug 21, 2004.

1. My dad told me he was think of buying us this 14' flat bottom , which means me because he would never use it. One of his camping buddies said he would sell it to him for $100. Just the boat, no motor. I guess it is in good shape. I have no idea on the value of these, does that sound like a good deal to you guys.

If we do buy it, how much do you i could find a small motor for. I would go used and small.

2. catking

catking Banned

$100 is a very good price for a 14' jon boat. They make great boats for cattin on lakes that have hard to get to spots that are back in the coves. I just wouldn't go across a big lake in one when the water is rough ;) CATKING..........

3. Well live on the scioto river. I do a lot of catting from the bank but i would love to get out to the log jams. I even know a guy that takes his out on the Ohio a night. I also live near Lake White which is just a small lake. I really think i could get lots of use out of it and it would be worth $100 to me.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

if it floats it is worth 100 bucks..Those small gasoline motors can be expensive!

5. We have a trollong motor and it would be fine for Lake White. But the scioto.......dont think so.

6. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Rusty

If nothing else it could be an investment. If the boat holds water it would be worth $100.

IF you decide it is not for you, it will be worth more $ in the Spring :D

A good motor is hard to find and used motors are strictly BUYER BEWARE :eek:

7. ... snatch it up then sell it to me for $125.00 ... ;)

8. atrkyhntr, all the arguments we have been in and you think im only gonna try to make
    25$ out of this deal selling it to you. I take 200$ for it.....lmao haha

No if i get my hands on it, it will be the smallest houseboat you ever did see, because ill be in it 24/7.

Hey i could use it to hunt carp with a bow, or take it out to catch big cats to sell to paylakes. j/j dont get mad, na im done shooting carp or fishing in paylakes. This boat will help me use up my free time. Ill be tied off to big long jams for the rest of the summer.

9. catking

catking Banned

I will keep an eye out for that motor ;) The boat you are talking about is PREFECT for the Scioto ;) .DA KING !!!

10. hey rustyfish
    all we've had is good old discussions... :D
    now I am lowering my offer to $115.00 ;)
    You'll have a blast I'm sure...
    My 1st little scrapper was a john boat I duck hunted and fished out of more then not...

11. dip

dip dip

you could pole yourself around! been hung up on that goofy river every time i been inna boat on it! what the hay does "sworp it" mean anyway? :confused:

12. Swoooooorp It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Means set the hook(hard), i guess it is a pike county thing. Me and my buddies use it and im not sure where we got it from. But it is not just a hook set. It is a, if you miss the fish your gonna land on your butt and the sinker is going to smash in the side of your truck, hook set.

Its kind of funny and has a nice ring to it.
    Something to yell out when your buddy is geting a good bite while hes running to save his pole with his pants around his knees after trying pee in the weeds. Swoooorp It!!!

13. dip

dip dip

just don't yell "DA KING" or you'll go ages without catching anything!

14. Now i dont care who you are thats funny