close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

130# Bluefin Tuna Video is up!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CoolWater, Aug 6, 2008.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Well after about 7 hours of editing I was able to reduce close to 40 minutes of raw video to a somewhat entertaining 6 minute video.

Hopefully the OGF family can feel like they were right there too!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I am completely green with envy !:p I got your message i will give ya ring this evening.

3. All I can say is "AWESOME"!!!!

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Man, that captain didn't help you at all with that fish. He could have at least backed down while trying to get the fish on the gaff. Good job on the fight man. If you get the chance to do it again, remember, it's all in your butt/back when using the harness, and not your arms.

How did it taste?

5. Awesome video Coolwater, and congrats again on the catch!!

6. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

That was awesome man!!:B

7. very cool video, I'm going to ac from Sept 13-20...and have been trying to decide if I was going on a tuna trip or stay inshore for stripper...thanks for making up my mind

8. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Nice work on the vid-glad ya got it workin!
    Hey what your youtube name? gotta add ya!
    Hope to see some more AWESOME vids from ya soon
    Have a happy 23rd ;)

9. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Well that is an impressive catch and I am sure it was a blast. I just hope you can have near that much fun at the wedding. Hope it all goes well. I walked the aisle last Saturday and I'm off to Mexico this week!

All the stress and yelling will be over soon and it will be a lot of fun.

Take care
    Rob

10. CoolWater

Thanks everyone...

captn I was thinking the same thing - I think we had only two lines left out, was it really worth not slowing down to lose a potential trophy fish. I just knew he was the expert not me but had thoughts he could have helped a bit.

bigjohn make sure to let us know how you do - I'll be hoping you nail a 200#'er! Maybe you could still do the other trip just make sure to do it first - before the tuna trip. My arms were so sore there was no way I could fish the next day. (of course captn pointed out my poor technique of using my arms more then my back and butt, so maybe I made myself way more sore then I needed to)

ADAMcoolwaterfish is my youtube name...

Gratz on your wedding Rob, Are you going to be doing some fishing down there?! Hope to see some pictures, good luck! I'm losing my mind with all this wedding planning stuff - say no to various fishing opportunities almost weekly because of it... dying to return to a more 'normal' routine schedule!

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

guess i'm late.said video is no longer available:(
    what's up with that?:confused:

btw.......justcrazy,say it ain't so:eek:
    you just confirmed for those who weren't sure,that you really are JUSTCRAZY:D

but congrats to you anyway:)

ah,went to your youtube and got it.great show.how much weight did you lose during that battle?LOL.

12. Adam, I tried to view your video, and it says its no longer available:confused:
    I did see your photos.....man..what a fish!!

13. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Got ya added
    The video works for me

14. CoolWater

I don't know how much weight I lost but I lost a lot of pride... that thing put a whoopin' on me!

If the video is not showing up I think it just has to do with bandwidth.. just refresh or try again in a little bit and it should be there. Also try going to it directly through youtube and not on this thread if it's not showing up.

15. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Showed for me. Great video, congrats. :)

16. duckman

duckman Dr Data

everyone on the boat was pumped through out thats why they rode you so hard... they knew exactly what you had... awesome fish and an experience of a lifetime

What an awesome gift in so many ways... you two will always share that memory!

17. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

The captain had a 100+ lb fish on the line and left lines out? That's just wrong. I should have gathered that from the speed the boat was making. No wonder you were whipped!