close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

13 yr. old looking for a horton yukon..fairly cheap

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Nightprowler, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Hello Friends
    My 13-yr. old daughter has shown interest in hunting deer with a crossbow this year. She will be taking her Hunter Safety class on Aug. 29th. I told her I will help with the purchase of a crossbow for her. We looked at some new Horton Yukon crossbow's. She liked it and is willing to start out with a used crossbow. I was wondering if anybody had a used Horton Yukon in good shape for sell. It will go for good use. Kids are our sports future.

Thanks
    Prowler

email
    Nightprowler513@aol.com

2. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Why not teach her to use a compound or recurve??

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Nightprowler. I think it's good to strt her out w/ the crossbow. Get her into the sport first, see if she likes it. If you look you'll be able to find something in a good price range. Last year after season I bought a Horton Steel Force @ Walmart for $75. It's a recure but for $75. it was a steal.

Where do you live, maybe I can point you into a certain shop.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Desperado, there are lots of things you'd need to ask first before jumping on the compund or recurve topic. For instance does Nightprowler use a bow himself? If he doesnt how could he teach her to use one? I think you should look @ this from the standpoint of possibly getting a new person into the hunting sport, not a crossbow vs. compound/recurve standpoint.

5. I have a used one I 'll sell to you. I'll email you.
    ski

6. I agree with starting her out on a crossbow. I started bowhunting several years ago and bought the yukon. There is a lot to digest with bow hunting-it can get a little overwhelming (Tree stands, pre rut,post rut, camo,calls,scents).
    I figured that if I could get a chance for a deer, I want something that shoots reliable.
    The last thing that you want is to overwhelm her and make shooting difficult.
    After several years, i upgraded to a better Horton.

ski