12lb test wireline

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by chaunc, Aug 16, 2008.

1. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Trying to find this line on the net but cant seem to find it. Anybody know where i can order some?

2. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Still looking. Would like a little help finding some.

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I posted a thread also lol. And I was looking for the same thing for "some" time. I ended up calling this company and ordering it directly from them. They have a 125.00 minimum order. So my friend and I ended up ordering two 5 lb spools. It ended up being $26 and change a pound. It is cheaper than getting it from the store. Bad thing is it will take about 2 weeks for it to be delivered. Try giving them a call.

http://www.malinco.com/fishing/trolling.html

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Thanks Toxic. Which is better, stainless or monel ? Not sure which to order. Which do you use?

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

We bought the SS single strand wire.

6. 1sick1

1sick1 One more cast ?

:confused: Not sure what you're using this for but I make wire rigs for gar (yes GAR ! lol) out of guitar strings. You can get any size you like in about a 4ft piece for around $1. They are SS single strand and flexible plus easy to work with.

7. 1sick1

1sick1 One more cast ?

AHHHH....I see now you want trolling line. My bad !

Cabela's carries that and you don't need to buy $125 worth.

www.cabelas.com

8. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Need 400 ft. Thats a lot of splicing.:p

9. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Don't splice. That is why I went with the big spool. I spooling 4 rods at 500' each so I need a lot. I will have enough left over for future rods or for replacement if needed. If you can find it in a 1,000' spool it will run you $25 and up anyway. In the long run, it is actually cheaper to buy it by the pound.