close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

12 volt battery

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sliderville, Oct 25, 2004.

1. does anyone know of a local place that sells 12 volt batteries. i need one for my aqua vu. thanks

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

It would help if you said where you are living. Here in Columbus there are 1000's of places. Any auto parts store, wal-marts, k-marts etc.no matter where you live sells them. Might want to try a good mototcycle batery. They weigh less and are a lot easier to carry.

3. you are right, i did fail to mention that i live in akron. the battery for my camera is about half the size of a motorcycle battery. they measure 6in.x 2 1/2 x 3 3/4. the only place i have seen replacement batteries is cabela's. thanks for your help .

4. that sounds like the size of my quad runner battery and they are 12 volt (alot of riding mowers are too) maybe check that out

5. Thanks A Lot. I Will Check It Out

6. Isn't that the same battery that powers the Vexilar? You can get them at Gander Mountain.

7. you are correct, it is the same battery. i have looked at gander before and couldn't get one. i will check again . thanks a lot for the info.

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I bought a 12v battery from some battery outlet store on Arlington St.

It is a gel cell battery used for motorized wheelchairs. It is about 1/4 the size of a standard 12v battery, and is relatively light. I use it in my 16' boat only to power my fishfinder. I can use it all spring and summer without recharging. It has lasted four years, so far.

9. I Will Check This Out Too. That Would Be Even Better Than The Original. Thanks For The Input.

10. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I think the place was Battery Depot, at the end of Lover's Lane. 330-773-0727

11. Thank you very much for the info. A friend of mine said it was probably the Battery Depot at Lover's Lane. I haven't heard of the place before. Thanks again for all of your help .