11/30 vermilion

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by JumpinJackBass, Nov 30, 2007.

1. just got back from a business trip figured i would hit the stream since i havent been around for about 2 weeks...got 4 just south of rt2 bridge. saw about 6 other guys out there only 3 other fish caught that i saw.... the water was alittle bit brown must have been up recently too cause some of the brush was laying on it side that is normally standing up. i pulled 2 out on a chartruse egg pattern, and the other 2 on steelie orange sucker spawn... anyone else have any luck? i expect the fishing to pick up here when the flow slows a little bit more...good fishing all!

2. I will be out there tomorrow, how is the water color? Thanks for the report.

3. I also fished the V today and got :S. I saw only one fish caught while I was there. The river is still just a little high, fast, and muddy. As long as it doesn't rain again the river should be perfect by Sunday or maybe even by tomorrow. The water temperature has really dropped, I'd guess it to be somewhere in the mid 30's, and I saw ice sickels and frozen puddles walking in. I'll be back at it again tomorrow, hopefully with better luck this time.

4. SteelinaTrout

SteelinaTrout King Fisher

i went out saturday morning early and boy was it cold!!:eek: as jojo said the water was darn near frozen at the edges ground was solid!. my guides kept getting froze up guess it's time for the pam.:( had one nice bite but it came off. seen a guy with one as soon as i walked down thought i was gonna have a good day but it was still kinda murky. oh well theres always next time, at least i stayed really warm with my new gear.;)

5. Does that really work (spraying pam on your guides)?

I fished the V today too from about 10 to 3 and got :S again :(. I did see several fish caught (mostly on spawn sacs). Water was still muddy and freezing cold. There were lots of little snow/ice chunks floating with the current.

6. SteelinaTrout

that is what i have heard from differant people have yet to try it my self prolly will try it when i go on monday. that is very annoying having them freeze up i think that is how i lost my bite on saturday because the line would not go throught the 1st guid anymore i could not get it to the reel. lucky it didnt break off i guess. jojo what gear were ya wearing? i was all camo on top and green waders. prolly saw ya. seen 4 guys in construction trucks with spin cast when i was leaving. also when i go i usually park in that big parking lot where the cop usually sits. i usually go down to the water by the intersection over the guard rail. yesterday a guy was getting ready the same time i was in the morning and he started walking the opposite way, south of the parking lot...where does that path bring you down too?

7. Steelinatrout, I was wearing a gray Cabela's cap, black coat, tan wading vest, and brown neoprene waders, and I was fishing down stream near the powerlines. I usually park along the side of the road north of the Jerusalem Rd intersection, (north of the lot you mentioned). I've never walked much farther south than Rt 2, but I know that Bacon Woods and Mill Hollow parks aren't too far south from there.

Vermilion River Map
    http://www.ohiodnr.com/Portals/9/pdf/vermilion.pdf

8. SteelinaTrout

guess i didnt see ya then since u didnt come south of the bridge......yeah when i fish south of the bridge i always see a bunch of pepople walking dogs and stuff they must be form mill hollow i figure.....maybe next time the fishing is slow i iwll walk around over there and find out where it goes.....i can't wait for the fish to get to peasley rd, i love that place!!!!

9. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

peasley rocks you can fish and get a workout in on the same day!! ;)