close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

11-15 Piedmont report

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Corey, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I had a great Monday! First I'd like to say a big "Hello" to Steve and Chuck, two great guys I was able to meet and fish with for the first time. They were both visitors to the "old' Site and didn't know about OGF. I gave them cards and they should be showing up here soon! I've met so many great people thought the 'puter and these two are a couple of the best. Although they came up from Columbus for a lead core session, the fish just didn't want to cooperate. We only picked up one small throwback Saugeye on the core. The Vib-"E" bite was on in full swing though and saved the day. Our fish came fairly shallow and the bite seemed to last all day. We targeted the outside edge of a weedline in 8-11 feet of water in the morning and had non-stop action for over 2 hours. It slowed down somewhat and we decided to troll.......shoulda stayed where we were. We returned later and picked right up where we had left off. We totaled 41 Saugeyes, 5 Bass, and 2 small Muskies, and each took home a 6 fish limit of solid 16-18 inch 'Eyes. No hawgs but even the 21 fish we threw back were mostly in the 13-15 inch range. The fish came on both 1/4 and 1/2 ounce bladebaits. Mostly Vib-"E"s but some on Wazp Zounder and some on Worden's Showdowns. Other boats were fishing the same area and were also doing well. The boats we talked to out on the main lake seemed to be working hard for very few fish.

2. good job what color was you getting them on?
    saugeyeslayer1

3. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Didn't seem to matter. I used 1/4 ounce Chrome, 1/2 Chrome, 1/4 Blue/Chrome, Gold/Green, Gold/Orange, and a 1/4 ounce Metalic Perch Wordens' Showdown. The other guys used the same as above, plus a 1/2 ounce Chartreuse/Fire head Wazp Zounder. Boats near us were using jig/plastic and doing well also.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is awesome!