101 ways to catch bullhead..... not really

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Aug 3, 2007.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

I went out today to catch some bullheads and i was shocked at the way they were hitting. It didnt matter if the worm was on bottom or 2 inches from the surface. And they are off the nests because i was catching 1 inch bullheads by the dozen. Heres the ways i was catching them today, feel free to add on.

1. Bottom Nightcrawler
    2. Under a bobber at 4 inches
    3. Top water with a fly
    4. Weightless with wax worm
    5. A power grub
    6. small diving crank bait
    7. Had one inhale my crappie bobber
    8. Crappie minnows
    9. Bass Minnows
    10. Baby shad
    11. fishing with extra line with a hook, pulled in with my hands.

Now the 101 ways is a joke but i caught close to 50 today just in an hour and a half.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Dude!, Hooke me up!!!!

3. damn nate the bait fishin machine LOL

4. Guys, I didn't think they are, but... are bullheads the same as yellow bellys?

5. nate u didnt say if steve was there with the video camera this time LOL

6. pendog66

Yellow bellies are what bullheads are referred to as. There is the Black Bullhead and then theres the Yellow Bullhead. The only difference really is the fact that the black bullhead's whiskers on its bottom side of the jaw are black and the yellow bullheads are yellow or white

7. pendog66

Bryan name the time and place and i will get you some

8. Ohiodanl

Ohiodanl Retired.. enough said

it was amazing how they were hitting for you nate, i only got a couple channels in the current and everytime i turned around you had a fish on. But my smallie could eat all of your fish :p

9. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

can't wait to get them bullheads out. they are going to catch alot of fish for us. or they better. Nate I say it is time to get the 55 gallon out!!!!

10. Ohiodanl

Well steve thats up to me now isnt it???? my house.... :p i will think about it

11. bigdogsteve-o

Sir Yes Sir!!! Sorry Sir!!

12. Ohiodanl

at ease soldier, nates going to skunk you tonight:S

13. pendog66

O'doyle Rules!!!!!!!:d

14. bigdogsteve-o

Well if I recall,Nate you were that last one to get skunked.. WHen was the last time I went and didn't get anything. If I recall a few weeks ago you were ready to leave when I hooked one and then as soon as the pole went out I got another run. Now Who Rules????? not ODoyle!!!

15. pendog66

its cool the fish felt sorry for the lead i had. And now that you say that im not casting your poles for you. looks whos fishing 5 foot from the bank

16. bigdogsteve-o

Ok Richard Kimble!! mess with the one armed man

17. pendog66

ok be that way steve well have fun at practice i will be at the river catching cancer. :(

18. pendog66

also to add on to the story when i went to pick up the bait trap i found a dozen chubs in there but one wasnt moving real well and this was the reason. [​IMG]

19. Ohiodanl

that little snake is mean, i say you use him for bait lol

20. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

ever fish out at clark lake for the bullheads... if you guys are looking for bait, they are everywhere right now out there...went out last week to fish and couldnt fish for anything for the slight reason that whatever I threw out a bullhead would bite it...I was throwing jigs, minnows, nightcrawlers, waxworms, crankbaits, literally everything I had with me and I caught a bullhead on everything I threw...left after 2 hours because I was tired of taking them off my line...sharp little pectoral fins, but I must caught around 50-75 of them at all depths