Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Time to fish!
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished a pond today with a rat-l-trap 1/4 oz blue and silver and caught 101 bass in 3 hr i stayed to catch over 100 bass for the second time in my life last time was 16 years ago and were small mouth .....................

the grand total=
3 large mouth
2 = 3 lb
1= 4 lb
striped bass
6= 16-18 in
largemouth
92 = 12 in or less

there may have been more in the 12+ range but i dident bother measuring them all caught in ne ohio and all released to fight another day

·
getting jigging with it
625 Posts
ya yesterday evening i caught 10000 in just an hour....;)
i have a farm pond that we fish that you can catch a 100 lm bass in a session of fishing but it is hard for me to believe that you kept track of the number as you caught them...

·
Time to fish!
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YA I KNEW NO ONE WOULD BELEIVE ME MOST OF THE BASS ARE SMALL but its a pond that has never seen luers before its less than 5 years old and was stocked by the odnr if tou want i can take 100 pics with a number in each of them to prove it i am sure i can at least do that again it is a cool place to fish and i have fished it probaly 10 times this is my best outing i have caught 30 before in an hr but never tried a rat-l-trap

·
fished with Noah
278 Posts
I believe you about the 100 fish day. I had a couple of them on the Ohio river near Toronto where I grew up. Find the hot spots and you can find 7 or 8 different species. in the same spot. I even had ODNR on hand during 1 day as witness'. :)

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
i say it was a good day. congrads:D

just got to watch what you post. some people are na sayers and will slam you for it..(nobody in this thread so far) it's ok for them to post good days but when you do it, your bragging and they will take cheap shots at you.....i got to get some of those rattle traps

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Dude, good catch. And dont worry what people say.... My old lady grandfather has a pond in hinkley that you can sit there and catch hand fed lg mouth bass and crappie the size of frying pans all day long. Ive done it, so like i said, good job dude.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I tried my private pond, and I only caught 2 small blue gill and 1 crappie and 1 9 inch small mouth. I guess it will have to warm up before they will be biting. I was using night crawlers too. Tried the fake ones, and they didn't go for them. Oh well, it will get better.:)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Might I suggest some Icy Hot for your arm from reeling that many bass in?
I know cause once I caught so many carp I ended up having carpel tunnel.

Okay that was pathetic.

·
getting jigging with it
625 Posts
ya i believe that you caught that many i just think it would be hard to keep track of 101 fish...My buddie has a farm pond similar that we pull them out of all day between 3 of us we have caught 100 in an hour or soo but just from exp. its hard to keep count when you are catching them like that...Just keep up the good work and you have inspired me to go catch some bass... Also the only problem with lots of small bass is sometimes no big ones... I haven't caught a big bass out of there in a while i think i am going to take a couple of stringers out of there this year try and thin it out... I think that is why we catch them so easily they are very aggressive for food... Tons of fun with the fly rod one of my favorite things to do...just which there were a few big boys in there...
watch yourself with the farm ponds its easy to spoil yourself and you won't take a skunk at the local lake as well...not always the case but it can happen..

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
its hard to keep count when you are catching them like that...
i keep a perch clicker in my tacklebox just for this reason ;) catch a fish... click the clicker.... catch another... click it again..... ;)

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Although it doesn't happen often I can say that I experienced one of those days several years back. We were fishing a pretty good size gravel pit lake that had very little fishing pressure. Interestingly enough we were also slaying them on Rattle Traps. My buddy and I were burning those traps for about 3-4 hours and nailing probably better than a fish per 2 casts. I didn't keep track but I would say we were somewhere between 150-200 fish combined for the trip. They were mostly all right around 12" as well. It made for a very fun trip.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
on the right pond,it's definitely possible to have days like that.years ago,my buddy and i would fish a private pond in the evenings after work from his jon boat.it was 5 acres and we had exclusive access.that pond had tons of bass in the 12-14 inch range with some in the 3-4 pound range.on just about any given evening we could boat 100-200 fish,with fish on almost every cast.best pond fishing i've ever done.
the kicker is the only bait we ever tied on was a 3 hook kelley's plow jocky rigged weightless:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts