close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

100 # padllefish pic

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by freyedknot, May 15, 2008.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

from another site . a 100 # paddlefish was caught in the ohio river and it was also tagged.

Attached Files:

2. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

Quite a fish. I wish its entire body was in the pic. The only time I've seen a paddlefish in person was at Devols Dam on the Muskingum. A father and son had snagged it. They had no idea what it was.

3. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Thats a really big fish but I question the 100# claim. How many people do you know that can hold a 100# fish out away from their bodys on a fish scale. Heck of a spoony regardless. They sure do taste great.

4. Good Post! Anymore info on the fish? Such as which pool of the Ohio River did it come from?

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

That thing looks massive!

6. Nice fish but that aint no 100# fish.

7. it is 106lbs he is a friend of mine

8. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

I don't care how much he weighs- I'd like to catch him!!!:p

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Cool fish! I have been hearing that accidental snaggings have been on the increase...that can only mean the paddle's are coming back!

10. That thing looks old!! Looks like the dam at Gallipolis.

11. Kyfisherman1

Kyfisherman1 scott_menix@yahoo.com

Holding a fish of that weight up by it's lower jaw causes some tearing around the gills....... you guys who catch big fish from time to time need to learn how to properly hold them, I learned a lot about how to handle them in Florida, where if you hurt a tarpon or snook out of season your in big big trouble, if you pick a big snook up by it's jaw and a warden sees you, your gonna get a tearing to say the least, you should support the body of the fish as much as possible.

12. wader

wader Fishing Fool

C&R only in Ohio....

13. Ok if you say so

14. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

And the one in that other picture doesn't look as big to me- his paddle, head and "neck" aren't even as big as my fish. And 40lbs was a conservative estimate. The Ranger that I talked out of giving me a $500 ticket thought it was 50lbs easily.

That fish ain't no 100 lbs.

UFM82

Attached Files:

15. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

I'm 6' 4" and weigh 255...

16. Buckslayer

Buckslayer Master Angler

I wonder when that fish was caught. Looks like the new fishing platform was there so it must have been summer of 07.

17. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Yes they are. Thats why I buy a KY license. They are not protected in KY and you are allowed to harvest two per day. Most of the ones I've shot have been below Ky lake dam...But we do get them out of the Ohio on occasion.

18. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

[​IMG]

Heres a couple that were around 20 or in the low 20's

19. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Carpn,

I never knew people went after paddles with a bow, pretty neat. My question is, how do you spot them? Do they hang out near the surface at night? I know they are shallow during the spawn, but are there any other times?