Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. You pay to catch catfish
2. You pay for your bait to fish (We catch our own bait fish with nets or by using a pole, then make our cuts if needed)
3. You catch the same 4 or 5 big cats at your uncle's private pond
4. You wear a rubber glove to handle the catch (That's what women do) *haha jokes*

There's my top 5 to get things started.. The best reasons you post will make the official Top 10.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
All these" real" cat fisherman must be killing A LOT of chickens! Oh and unless you like losing hooks,sinners,swivels etc. you WILL be using heavier than 15# line.Unless you're happy catching dinks all your life.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'd love to see you pull a medium size flatty from a snaggy river hole with 15lb line.

And who's top 10?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
What do you consider medium size?

Anyway, this is for real catfisher's to share our top 10 (BTW, this is a very sarcastic but real post)
Professional troll? This post is ridiculous. If you're looking just to start trouble, look elsewhere.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Professional troll? This post is ridiculous. If you're looking just to start trouble, look elsewhere.
Member since '09 so def not a professional troll.

Honestly I'm tired of seeing pics of guys catching these ridiculously large catfish and then later only to find out that they went and paid $25 at catfish paradise (I see this a lot on facebook). These same guys go on and on about how they are top fishers and blah blah blah...

I'm sorry that's just NOT real fishing to me. Anyone can go and pay $25 to fish, take a bunch of random bait, heavy line, and catch cats. Very few can do it the right way, like yourself! That cat in your avatar is sick.

Anyway, not trying to piss anyone off. These fb fisherman got me thinking of what's real fishing, so I made a list. If you do not want to participate then keep it moving and don't post. Thnks.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I agree with mike on this one. Your just trying to start stuff. As other people have mentioned your not gonna catch a cat of any size with 15lb test. Unless your fishing a pond with no structure. I run 30lbs to 50lb test....you need every bit of it in structure. Whether it be log jams or rocks.

Try catching 5 fish over 20lbs in one trip and holding them without gloves......then tell me you dont need gloves. My hands look like hamburger after some successful outings. Im too stupid to wear gloves....but that doesn't mean you shouldn't wear them.

If you were an expert or one to know what an expert catman does, you sure would have come up with a better list.

This post is a joke. You got my response though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Team Fatty
1,258 Posts
Reason number 1 why you're not a real cat fisherman---------

You make a thread called 10 reasons why you're not a real cat fisherman.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I agree with what many said, I think your post idea was ok, but the items on your list failed you miserably....LOL

Lets see, I pay to fish, $19 in Ohio, $50 for a KY license and another $42 for an Indiana License, and don't get me started on boat and gas costs every year, I certainly "PAY" to go out and fish...

I also have bought tons of bait over the years, hundreds of dollars for fresh skipjack, mooneyes and even goldfish when I didn't have the time nor resources before a flattie trip

I have my own pond and my fish only get caught once and it seems no one can catch them again...LOL Channels are very smart...

Hmm, all my Ohio River rigs have 30# Vicious on them and my tournament channel rods are all spooled with 20# , I might add Ive taken dozens of channels from 10-18+ lbs so I don't think that's a stretch....

Last one, when im showing off big fish at a tourney, last thing I want to do is drop a 10+ lb channel because he went into a an alligator roll and peels layers of flesh off like a chainsaw and I drop the fish.... yeah, I wear gloves for the fishes sake as well as mine. ha ha.

Not sure where your coming from but I think you need to spend some more time catfishing and learn how the pros do it....let me guess, you got a pair of 11 ft rods and straws long enough to out measure most of the cats you catch... :T
Salmonid

·
Registered
330 Posts
Reason number 1 why you're not a real cat fisherman---------

You make a thread called 10 reasons why you're not a real cat fisherman.
right on!

this has to be one of the worst threads i've seen on this site. really?!?!

guess i better stop chasin' channels with shrimp. i can't believe every resource out there on catfishing is wrong. ha.

one thrusting head shaking roll by a 20 + lb flattie can and will snap 15 lb line like it was 4 lb on an ultra light.

·
XXX
1,063 Posts
He mentioned making bait so I'm assuming he's the "koolaid wheatie ball dip spit secret recipe" type of guy. Lol they all have their secret recipe for those.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sort of sounds like the list for financially impaired catfisherman, trust me I would know.

1. 20$ to fish all night, I could only afford that once a month.

2. 15 dollars a pound for bait fish you have lost your mind, how much for 1 small one.

3. I wish my uncle had a pond but there anit no room in the T-park for all that.

4. I can catch any catfish on 15 pound test because it was on clearance.

5. Ok i have nothing funny to say about the gloves. For no reason should a grown man ever handle a catfish with glove. Chicks dig hamburger hands!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
recently hooked a monster flathead in the Muskingum while bass fishing.. in a laydown, on a jig.. I had zero chance... 17lb seaugar abrazx floro... absolutely no chance...

I would suggest the next time you make a list about being an expert at something, you might want to actually be an expert at it...

·
Registered
545 Posts
If a guy is buying some bait, grabbing a cat with a pair of gloves and having fun doing it, more power to him. Not my place to judge him. When people in any sport go against each other, it's not good for the sport.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.