10 horse

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by jig-i, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jig-i

jig-i

Iam going to start fishing a 10 horse lake,do i have to take my prop off of my 90 horse?

2. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

i am pretty sure you only have to have the motor raised and not running

3. i think fuel line also???

4. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

oh i did not know about the fuel line thanks

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You do not need to disconnect your fuel hose. The motor just needs to be tilted up. Some rangers even let you kep the motor in the water as long as it's not running. A simple way to be sure is to ask the ranger at the lake your going to fish, they will tell you what they want you to do.

6. tell that to the ranger at leesville!!!! he will dissagree...not saying its law but????

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That had to be his "Law" as the state does not require you to disconnect the hose. Mine it hooked direct to the engine from the tank with no way to disconnect it. As I stated check with the local Ranger to be sure. here's my quote again:
    A simple way to be sure is to ask the ranger at the lake your going to fish, they will tell you what they want you to do.

8. yea...this same ranger would not let us launch because our disstress flag was faded!!! made us buy one at the marina first!!! that was 10 years ago though...