close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10/23 Hannibal pool

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by moke11, Oct 24, 2004.

1. moke11

moke11

Fished the hannibal pool this weekend. Likely the last weekend of catfishing for me, but we wanted to give a good whirl.

10/23 - Weatherman and I hooked 3 good fish (using blue-gills) that were hung up in the debris left from the flooding and could not land them. We did manage to land one flathead that was 7.5lbs.

10/24 - (not really catfishing) Had a thriller fight with 19" swiper. Also caught 2 drum. Fishing with worms on the bottom.

2. FISHERLADY

FISHERLADY Fish OH Master Angler

How was the water clarity there? Was it High? I was thinking of making a trip out there sometime soon. Just wondering how the water was........ :) :D What time of day did you catch fish?

3. moke11

moke11

Water clarity was good, but lots of leave and branches to get hung up on your line when fishing from shore.

I caught the flathead just after dark.

The drum and striper were caught at 3pm.

When you get out, let me know how you do.

4. FISHERLADY

ok I will.... I can't get out until weekends now on account of work. My BF striperman and a buddy just left tonight for Erie at Huron and Vermillion. Supposedly people are getting walleyes up to 20- 30 inches long. I will post their results.... :D

5. FISHERLADY

I never did get to make my OH. river trip. My BF and his friend did. They caught dinkers and also found out that.... Noone is allowed near any of the power plants discharges.... They will run you off and call the cops. The alert has all the plants on high watch. They are not even allowing you close enough to fish them. Recently I haven't done any fishing for 2-3 weeks. I am dying to do some. But have been working and the weather hasn't been good. :( :D