close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10-22 Pistol?

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by One Legged Josh, Jan 28, 2009.

1. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh Senior Member

Has anyone picked up a Ruger Charger yet? I think that is what it is called. It is a large framed pistol (Kinda like a Contender)with a 10-22 action. .22 cal.
    The 10-22 has to be one if not the most popular rimfire rifles ever. I am dying to get my hands on this little plinker pistol and burn a couple thousand rounds.!#
    It comes with a bipod and a scope from the factory and a laminate stock. Any info on price and performance would be appreciated....olj

I found a video. But still would like owner feedback if anyone has some.
    http://video.google.com/videosearch...&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

2. Nice gun , wish they made something like that in a 223.........Rich

3. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Saw a few at the Berea Gun Show. They look sweeeeet! They've got the same action as the 10/22, so they gotta be good. It'll take 20 or 30 rd aftermarket clips (or a 100 round drum for that matter) made for the 10/22 also. I can't remember the price, I think around $260?? If I didn't have my 10/22 in a Bullpup stock, I'd get one fer sure.

4. 100 rd drum, ive been looking for one of them, know where one could be located??? Ive been thinin about going full auto with a 10/22. Theres a company in i think kentucky that sells the setup. Go thru the paper work with the feds a little cash and jack pot.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sweet pistol.i believe the suggested retail is more like $380 though.

6. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

www.cheaperthandirt used to have either 100 or 50 drums. I like the 30 rounders, I'd think you might have feed problems with a 100 rd drum. Another cool trick is to take two ten round factory mags and glue them together bottom to bottom - gives you a 20 rd flip magazine. CCI Hollowpoints are the best for the 10/22.
    If you can get ahold of the right peoples, Ruger made a special trigger set up that allows you to switch from semi to 5 round bursts, but it was only available to law enforcement. Me, I'm happy woith semi auto.

7. the sportsmens den in shelby had these in their ad for 279.99

8. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh Senior Member

Good deal, I dying to pick one up.

9. I saw a few of these at the gun show in Dayton today, I think the price was in the 260-290 range there were several.

10. That thing is pretty cool. i wouldnt mind owning one. Hell I still need a reg 10 22

11. Gonna have to put one of those bad boys on the list! I use to have a 10/22 rifle and regret very much selling it.

12. Shooting Times has an a article in the march issue about this.

13. They come in two different colors. the grayish one and a redish one I think.

14. You also can buy the kits to make one. Any Wood Finish or synthetic just take your 10/22 and convert. I rathr have one in .17 HMR though.

15. The only problem with using the 10/22 action from a rifle is that the action is stamped "rifle", and legaly you can't use a barrel that short for a rifle. I think the shortest length you can go is something like 16 inches. the action for the charger is stamped "pistol" so barrel length isn't a problem.

Edit: I just checked my 10/22 and it isn't stamped "rifle" but I'm still pretty sure that tyhe charger action is stamped "pistol".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009