close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10-16 report from KSUFLASH

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, Oct 16, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

rolled out of bed late, decided to hit the river for steelies. got to the secret spot...you know the concrete thingy....decided to head to the other side of the river. Non track side that is. Casted some jig and maggot for a while then switched to a spoon. About 30 min later a guy brings his 3 kids down. Appeared to me they were just looking around. kids begin to throw rocks into the river of which were the size of bowling balls and smaller. Kinda pissed me off. Then dad decides to light up a smoke and gets distracted of his kids. Kids were messing around on the concrete slab on the trackside of the river. I could already see what was going to happen, but the father obviously didn't. Kids were horsing around on the slab. Now this slab isn't really steep, but just steep enough that if you trip on your shoe lace that you are going into the river. Well, guess what....his little girl screwed around just enough that she triped and went in. Now this area is deep enough to be over your head, especially a 10 year old girls. She tries to get up the wall, but it is covered in slime. She slips again and goes all the way in this time....her brother whom looked to be 13 went after her and he fell in as well. All the while the father is still pissing around with his back turned smoking his cig. Then he finally notices the screams that I was hearing for about 15 seconds, runs over and attempts to rescue his daughter, guess what he falls in....I figured I was going to have to call someone to rescue them, due to I was all the way on the other side of the river, and I wasn't about to go into the water if I didn't have to. If the water was flowing a bit faster, the girl wouldn't have been sucked under and possibly worse.

*Up on soap box*

Are there that many stupid parents out there?? I mean I could see this comming a mile away.

* Down from soap box*

After watching 2 kids and a father look like wet rats walking back to their vehicles I kept fishing. I hope they were cold, really cold, and hope it taught them a lesson not to screw around near the water, especially the area where they were. If the flow was in the 400's, they might be so lucky.

Decided to follow the river up north in my vehicle. Ended up in Cleveland. Decided to head to Edgewater to look at these so called 10-14 waves. They weren't 10ft. more like 8 max.

No steelies today, no fish at all. Thats ok, the wind up at Erie was pretty impressive. Had to hold onto the handrail at the walking pier at Edgewater or I would blow off. Took some pics, they are posted in the 10-14ft wave thread.

flash----------------------------------------out

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

ben, you should be a dad....you already sound better than some!

3. JV1

JV1

ksu is the lake choco milk? thinking of launching tommorow and trolling the ship channel

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

kinda milky JV. Didn't look up near the flats though.

flash------------------out

5. So how did they get out of the river?

Did you get anything at Conneaut the other day?

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Thats a heck of a thing to see, if the water was higher, Im sure things would have turned out much worse. That concrete is deceptive over there, it gradually slopes higher and higher and you dont even really realize it.

I had a snag over there once and walked toward the snag to try to get an angle on it and jerk it out of there...towards the dam...guess what happened...Im an average size guy and when i slowly slid in :( i never felt any kind of bottom whatsoever! Then you can feel the water pulling you away from the concrete (towards the dam), and theres nothing to grab onto. Just swam hard, and got ahold of some little pockets in the concrete with my fingertips. I was able to pull myself up after that. The water was much higher on that day (last year). Somehow my smoke, which was in my mouth, never went out. :rolleyes: I still fished for a while after that. :rolleyes:

7. JV1

JV1

10-4 no fishing for me this weekend