close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10/13 Steelhead & Smallmouth (Pics)

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by findiesel, Oct 13, 2007.

1. findiesel

findiesel catch.pic.release.repeat

Went out to the Grand this morning to try to get some steel with the old man. He hasn't been out in over 20 years, so I'm trying to get him hooked on it again.

We did some scouting and exploring. Ended up fishing from 7a-12n, until no one was catching anything. Water looked great, but a little low.

He didn't get any, but hooked up a couple smallies.

DSCN1990.jpg

I went 2 for 3 throwing hardware. The two fish I landed were actually on consecutive casts, which was a first for me. Nothing of any real size, but nice, fresh hard-fighting fish -- especially for a first trip of the season. They're back in the river for you to catch....

DSCN2000.jpg DSCN2003.jpg

2. Nice fish, i have never been to the Grand and i am looking to make my first trip there soon.

3. findiesel

The Grand is probably my favorite river to fish around the Cleveland area. It is a huge watershed, and receives a lot of fish during the runs.

However, I have yet to make a trip to PA or even Conneaut, so that may change this season. I hope to be making trips out to those rivers once I get a better idea of where to go....

4. I am going to the Conneaut tomorrow for the first time, ill write a report once i get back. Do you wanna meet up and fish the Grand sometime?

5. man u beat me and dan there!...nice looking fish i cant wait to get up there next week....especially hooking into a few smallies....

6. findiesel

I plan on heading up this Saturday also. Let me know if you want to go up, since I believe Dan wants to go also. It should be prime with the rain coming...