10/10 Heading out Catfishing Today!! Come out and catch some Big Sloppy Cats

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Djtrikee, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Djtrikee

Djtrikee Fisherman Forever

Im heading out today around 4-6 under fishinger bridge. I will let everyone know how it goes!!!

2. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

I fished on the east shore near fishinger last week, my first time. A couple of bites off of livers and only got a 5" bluegill on the circle hook :D

Do you fish directly under the bridge or just a wee bit north where the park begins? Ive heard of some monsters coming from there but didnt know if i was in the correct place.

3. Djtrikee

Djtrikee Fisherman Forever

Nothing hit, got a couple of small bites, i think it was just some damn gills. I am officially giving up on that place, unless someone can show me how to catch a cat out of those waters.

Does anyone know about how late fish are hitting nowadays, if i go out around 10-1am, are they biting and if so, where at?

4. I have been going every Monday and Wednesday around 12 to 3pm at the first boat ramp. I will usually pull a couple of fat ones out of there every time. You have to try and find the deep water when it cools down. That is where I seem to have the better luck.

5. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

I've caught several 5 lb fish and a 10 lb fish at Alum creek in very deep water with livers.

Have at em :-D just let em hang off the sides of the boat on clickers, and WOW. It was awesome :)

6. Catman63

Catman63 Flathead Fanatic

Symba - Fish north of the bridge. Both a wee bit and particularly FARTHER NORTH. Just north of the second entrance North of Fishinger. Big dropoff in that area. Goes from maybe 4 feet to about 20 feet in the blink of an eye. If you want something more specific message me and i'll tell you precisely where.

7. Catman63

Clayton - Huge cats are being caught at Alum on live gills and chubs too. Around the bridges and in the deeper coves mostly.

8. Catman63

Recently almost everyone i talk to (Including me- i guess i talk to myself too!) has been catching more and bigger Cats EARLIER. From 4 pm or so till 8 pm. The early bite is on. The late bite has been off mostly.

9. There are also some deep holes south of the bridge as well. It is crazy how it goes from 8-20 feet so fast, so close to the shore! Great spots for channels though!

10. Catman63

Fished Griggs for 5 1/2 hours this afternoon and evening.Fairly deep area N of the bridge (fishinger) Used cut bait this time (Shad,Goldfish,Chubs,Warmouth). Basically threw the cut bait kitchen sink at 'em and caught a grand total of one small channel.Had a handful of good runs/bites but they'd drop the bait before i could set the hook.Switched to Liver right before i had to leave and finally got some decent bites. Been rough lately. Did i say the early bite was ON? Guess it's back OFF. Gonna try again tommorrow. I'm a glutton for punishment i guess.

11. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

Was originally going to wade for smallies up North, but my buddy forgot his waders :(

All of my good fishing holes were taken so we ended up catfishing the same area north of fishinger, from 6-8pm. Nothing. Not even a bite. 2nd skunk this season. Was a great night to be outside though.

Catman, do you shore fish or from a boat?

12. Catman63

Symba - From shore. Had the kids there with me from 4:30 or so till about 7:30. Must have been near where you fished. Just south of the first entrance/exit N of fishinger.Had about the same luck you did.

13. Try using some unorthodox baits, ie chicken breast and hot dogs. Works for me every time!

14. Catman63

Fished Griggs this afternoon for about an hour and a half.at one of my favorite spots N of Fishinger Bridge. Got there around 1:45 and for the first hour it was dead but right as i was getting ready to go pick up the kid from school they started hitting. Landed 3 nice channels in about 15 minutes. First one was around 4.6 lbs and 21". The second one was 7.5 lbs and 25". The third was 8.6 lbs and 27 1/2". They were all very well fed by the looks of their bellies! I'll post a few pics when i get the film developed (disposable cam). All 3 were caught on huge chunks of chicken liver. They were all released to grow bigger and badder.

15. wut?

wut?

Pics or it never happened!!!

16. Catman63

Ok. That didn't work. If someone can tell me how to upload pics from photobucket i'd be eternally thankful.Better yet how can i just add thumbnails in this thread? I tried to upload them from my computer and it said they exceeded the file size limit. I've already uploaded them to photobucket but have no idea how to get them here. Thanks in advance.

17. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

If you go to www.photobucket.com and make an account, then upload photos there, then click the last link that starts with [​IMG] and copy it, and paste it here, it'll come right up.

18. Catman63

Per request. Hopefully this works...In order (by weight/lbs) 7.5,4.6 and 2 more from this past tuesday at Griggs: 7.3 & 6.1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Catman63

Thanks Clayton. And sorry bout the pic size guys.