close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10-01 fished the tusc river tonight

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Oct 2, 2004.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

tried the tusc. river tonight near new philadelphia, i hit several areas. first off ive got a question for you all, i was using a texas rigged pumpkin tube with orange tails, i had several HARD hits and missed them all , the last time it hit the tube i set the hook and the line broke instantly. it seems like when i use this color of tube that this happens alot (broken lines ). do you all think its pike hitting the tube or maybe saugeye?? the line always feels like its been rubbed with sandpaper and is all frayed looking what do you all think ??? is it the color attracting pike ?? or saugeye ?? :(

well back to my fishing report :: LOL i had one small smallie about 10 inches on the tube. caught one small 14 inch saugeye on a mimic minnow spinner and that was about it , had a few other light taps on tube but not any hookups. the river seems slow right now but the water is in perfect condition, back at normal pool as of tonight. :)
    ANYBODY ELSE FISHING THE TUSC ?? HOW DID YOU DO ??? :confused:

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Man if it is back to normal pool, it went down fast in the last couple days! I have not looked at it in a couple. I may have to hit it up tom. night.

Thanks for the report too! :)

3. Try going down one size in weight and up 1 or probably 2 hook sizes. Might help the missing the fish thing. I would say maybe saugeye but probably pike, the river is infested with them around high water times. The bigger hook seems to help from them fraying your line too.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Brian, where's the results from Sunday?

5. tcba1987

not much to talk about !!! lol
    i managed to hook and land a pike about 36 inches long, it broke the line on the bank and flopped back into the water. :mad:

winning weight was only 2 lbs 14 oz for 2 smallies
    runner up was 1 lbs 14 for one SMALL pike ( fishing marshall)

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

how many people were there??? I did not talk to Floyd to see if he entered it.

7. tcba1987

not many guys showed up , too many fair weather fishermen . LOL
    its getting too cold for some of these guys!!! oh yeah!!! there was 8 guys !!

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I wanted to come, but I had my daughter so of course she comes first. And we had the Turtle soup thing at my uncles! yum yum! :D