Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
just a good walleye chop, as long as the water hasnt got real dirty which i cant believe it has, things will be good for the weekend. fri south winds
changing to sw will not be a problem on the reefs. will be there fri. sat.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
1-3 footers will get them eating alot.
SW winds I doubt if you see many 3 footers.
I will be there Saturday mid morning. 10 AM or so.
Channel 68

·
Premium Member
10,882 Posts
.... or two. One sock didn't slow me down enough on Monday morning.
Everyone fishes differently and has their confidence presentations they feel most comfortable with. Some guys like slow, some like minnows, I personally dislike both.

With the warming water and the aggressive reaction bite going on last weekend, slow was not the best option. We did not use any drift socks last weekend, even on Monday with the very fast drift. The fast drift of Monday just made for easier fishing, we didn't have to reel as fast on the retrieve.

For us a fast speed retrieve was one of the primary keys to our success Friday through Monday. On Tuesday with the slight cold front they did prefer a much slower presentation that the previous 4 days. I will only use a drift sock if I am forced to do so by the fish. This past weekend a drift sock was, in my mind, more of a hindrance than a help to the presentation.

1-3's this weekend sound perfect to me if the bite is anywhere near what it was last weekend.

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I am chomping to get out there. Might have to blow off the turkeys in the AM, though my Fiance wants to bust a bird.

(there is a tough problem to have eh?)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
anyone have an empty seat for tomorrow ?

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Same here Lundy. I never used a bag until Monday and my drift speed was still 3+ mph...pretty much an uncontrolled trolled. There was practically no wind on the days leading up to that point, so a bag/sock was really not required.
Now the minnow thing is a different story...!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts