close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

#1 Channel Cat Lk in Central Ohio Region?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NewbreedFishing, Jun 10, 2004.

1. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

My daughter is infatuated with catfish for some reason and I have no luck trying to accomidate her with consitant action. Any help from the pro's would be killer! Rigging/bait tips as well please.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

come to alum creek.. ;) they will eat just about anything ..even field corn.. :)

3. buckeye...buckeye...buckeye....lol
    tons of cats at buckeye. she'll have a ball. :D
    fish4wall

4. catking

catking Banned

Buckeye or Alum. Both are outstanding cattin lakes. Plain old night crawlers on the bottom will do the trick. Nothing fancy. For a chance at some really big ones, try large minnows on the bottom, or even under a slip bobber fished about 3-5 feet deep. Sometimes channels will suspend and hit baits fish like that (under bobber). Let us know some results ;) CATKING

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think,for action with smaller(eater size) fish,and the possibity of 5+ pounders,buckeye would be hard to beat.livers,crawlers ,cut bluegill or shad,shrimp(30-40 count in shell) should all work.with crawlers and liver,there's always the odd bonus wiper or carp too.same methods catking mentioned.for bottom fishing,either a slip sinker with 12" or less leader,or 3 way rig.
    alum and hoover are also good cat lakes.