Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Hoga for a couple hours this afternoon when the temps climbed a bit. Very little to no ice, and after about 30 mins of floating some pink egg sacks. I laid into a nice hen. Then a little later i hooked another and it came off right at the shore. I tried to grab it swimming away. My brother was able to capture the fiasco on his phone. So the question is. Do i get credit for a 1/2 fish? I did touch it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Nice work! I'll give ya the credit!

Just a heads up on using eggs around the National Park that if they are uncured it's technically prohibited. I'm willing to bet yours are preserved in some fashion so no need to worry if so. Not sure how it is enforced or managed but just putting it out there. Don't want to ruin your thunder! Those are some dandies!

·
Off the beaten path
947 Posts
Nice work! I'll give ya the credit!

Just a heads up on using eggs around the National Park that if they are uncured it's technically prohibited. I'm willing to bet yours are preserved in some fashion so no need to worry if so. Not sure how it is enforced or managed but just putting it out there. Don't want to ruin your thunder! Those are some dandies!

I got asked once about 10 years ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hit the Hoga for a couple hours this afternoon when the temps climbed a bit. Very little to no ice, and after about 30 mins of floating some pink egg sacks. I laid into a nice hen. Then a little later i hooked another and it came off right at the shore. I tried to grab it swimming away. My brother was able to capture the fiasco on his phone. So the question is. Do i get credit for a 1/2 fish? I did touch it.
Nice fish - and take credit for the 1/2 fish, its a good story and one we've all experienced!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I just read the link. It says you can't use fresh eggs to chum, it says nothing about fishing with untreated eggs. Clarify??
better read it again the line right above the cured egg line clearly states you cant use them
  • Possessing or using as bait for fishing in freshwaters, live or dead minnows or other bait fish, amphibians, non-preserved fish eggs or fish roe, except in designated waters.
  • Chumming or placing preserved or fresh fish eggs, fish roe, food, fish parts, chemicals, or other foreign substances in fresh waters for the purpose of feeding or attracting fish in order that they may be taken.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts