Ohio Game Fishing banner

1/31 ice report

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bigcat46 
#1 ·
Got out today and the ice was a little shaky.Same lake had about 5'' on it before the warm up and rain, seemed to be less today, maybe 4'' and alot of cracks in it.

Had a newbe out with us today and he was a little scared. Some of those noises the ice makes and some cracking had him checking his pants a few times. It was funny.

We all did well and had a good time. Caught alot of gills suspended 2 to 3 feet up today?

If your going out right now dont go alone, make sure you have safty equipment, and be smart.

Anyone else get on some ice today?

#12 ·
Ice Cube and I were on a pond yesterday, and it was just shy of 4" of hard clear ice. We were comfortable on it, and caught 3 nice channel cats, 1 broke us off. And some nice crappie and bluegill.

I would believe the ice adding inches the last few days with the little rain we had then freezing it seemed to add to it. I expected there to be some layering to the ice but it was all solid and clear.

We are heading back out today, I will be walking on water in about 2 hours or less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.