close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1.3 Billion with a "B"???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rac123, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Just heard on news that Ohio is "projecting" a surplus of 1.3 billion! Isn't this the same bunch who wanted to charge us 5 bucks a trip to fish after paying boat tags,fishing licences, taxes etc??just to get in the parks??Already the scum in the statehouse[both partys] are already whining that the schools need it and we need a rainy day fund[we had one until that guy from Cincy took over]How about putting some of it into the parks and lakes Taft???Oh yeah, You wont be back next time will you??And they wonder why people are leaving this state? :mad:

2. I say that they use it to teach deer hunters how to hit a big buck 30 yards away!!!

lol

3. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

I wish more folks would leave and look for greener pastures. Too many crapping in our creeks as it is.

The user fee was an excellent idea for generating more revenue to improve our parks (which, by the way are some of the best in the country even though they're severely under funded!) 25 bucks is a helluva deal for all the use I get out of them. Many states already have a user fee. It's not like Ohio's attempt was unprecedented.

...so, we'll just go back to letting the hot dog cookers, hikers, horseback riders, bird watchers, swimmers, cyclers, and mushroom hunters use the parks for free.

...and bitch about how unfare it is to spend money on education when our boat ramps are deteriorating.

If we had a rainy day fund and that was good--how is it now bad to say we can replenish it???

Maybe you're right, saugeye stocking should be our first priority.

4. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Yeah. What he said.

5. jfout

jfout 25 lber, I'm gloating

That surplus must have came from the Workers Comp. Coin Investment :) .