1-28-08 Greenup dam

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by kyjake, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

By next Monday the river level and weather should be in shape for some fishing below the dam.Am going down in the afternoon and try for something.Come on down and help figure out what they will hit on.
    Jake

2. I might be there....whatcha fishin for?

3. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Sauger for sure but will bring equipment to try for striper-hybrid and catfish.
    Jake

4. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Staying with my plan of going to the dam tomorrow,hope to see some of you .Did anyone try the dam this weekend?
    Jake

5. I went sunday but didn't catch any. I saw other folks there and didn't seem them catching anything either. Some guy passed me and grumbled that they weren't biting. (I was fishing for sauger) No luck on 3" grubs... How did you do?

6. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Fished the dam today from 1:00 pm till 5:00 without a bite.Talked to several who had the same story. Saw one about 6 inches caught.Never saw so many gulls there as today,as the flock worked the water all day.The only place I could cast to where they were working was out from the old cofferdam,about 75 yards out,threw a lure there and up against the wall till got tired then went down on the rocks and fished for sauger.

Attached Files: