close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

07/16 alum creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Danshady, Jul 16, 2007.

1. first off all hit up oshay over the weekend way up in the creek...not much water cant go as far up as usual and just a couple little smallies....sooooo i figure id hit up alum creek this am b4 all the jet boats, cig boats, super octane jet skis and etc....hit the water. fished from 6am til 12 put in at new galena, fished the road bed then went north a little and hit a few shallow points with not much luck, missed two fish on a buzz bait, then a little later missed two more on a ribbit frog...they were hitting but not real hard, just snippin at it...not even really making a big boil in the water...same thing when i hit down by the dam, missed another on a buzz bait. did a little trollin by the beach with some erie deeries with no luck either. tough morning at alum!

2. Sorry about your luck. Tough in many places right now. I hear you about the weak bites. Up until 2 weeks ago the bass were killing the lure when they bit. Now they'll just grab it and hold on. Normally early AM fishing is pretty good to me this time of year. I get most of my bites between 9:30 and 11:30 now. I can't figure it. I normally start fishing about 6 or little before. I might as well start getting a little more sleep. The fish are.

3. yep tough at alum sometimes(alot of times for me), i havent even ventured over to hoover in about two weeks, like you said the early am bite just hasnt been there for me either for about the past 2-3 weeks. and i cant find very many aggressive fish either...i gonna try to get into the scioto sometime this week..my buddy floated the darby yesterday and said he had some weak hits and alot of misses on topwater...and also found not very much water to float on!!!!!

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

We need some rain for sure. The rivers are low. The resevoirs are low. The fish are lethargic at best. Some small peaks of feeding activity here and there, but the fishings been tough the last week or two.

CG