Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to report the Sheephead r aplenty!

Struggled today, perched most of morning with 3 perch to show, went to trolling for eyes SW of dump, picked up 3 eyes. 85 back on a RR with 2oz inline 6' in front of RR did best. Probably pulled 20 to 25 sheephead on RR's, thats a first. We actually netted 4 walleye, 1 15"-17" walleye slipped thru the net and back into mother Erie, honestly, our net is too big for small eyes, I knew it was going to get me someday!

Joe Dumbaugh
SeaJaneRun

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
598 Posts
The Sheephead were as big as small cars out there. Thats how i put that RR in my arm from a Sheep when it ripped out and flew about Mach1 in to my arm. Thats why I ran out to the bouy to get away from that nonscence.
Get them next time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moke, sounds like u had it going out there till the RR in the arm incident. I should have mentioned how good the black fly bite was yesterday as well. I should have made the run out there once the water laid down, but I hate making that run in my 19'6" boat. Best of luck to you out there.

Joe Dumbaugh
SeaJaneRun

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I caught plenty of sheep Saturday near the dump and a few monsters near the buoy. A fishing buddy battled the sheep yesterday at the buoy. Beats fighting for the last bag of Chinese tilapia at Walmart right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts