close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. Don't forget Guest the Fishing Tackle Flea Market starts this Thursday! http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/threads/2017-fishing-tackle-flea-market.309634/
    Dismiss Notice

Rocky Fork and Catfish 3/18

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Salmonid, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Tin Guppy (Rusty) and myself fished the SWOhioCatfish Club tourney on Saturday in the cold windy misty conditions. 34 boats showed up with only 14 weighing fish. Water was clear and back to normal height and a chilly 41.7 degrees. Luckily we were on fish most of the day ( landed 17 ) and managed 3 rd place with 46 lbs (6 channel cats) what hurt us was only having 1 kicker fish over 28" which was 14.1 lbs (3rd biggest fish) the winners had 52 lbs and a 14.3 lb kicker and 2 nd place had 49 and the big fish of 14.7 lbs I think i got Rusty hooked on these whiskered wonders. Lol ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1490028297.736144.jpg

tedtami, Skippy, Tom 513 and 9 others like this.
  2. Wonderful, Mark and Rusty! Looks like RF has huge potential as a cat lake. 50# plus to win sounds like GLSM.

tedtami and Salmonid like this.

3. Thanks for the report! Some nice channels there.

Salmonid likes this.
  4. 9Left

9Left

Ahhhh... finally, a report from the cat whisperer himself... nice fish Mark! Good to see ya posting in SW again!

Cat Mangler and Salmonid like this.
  5. congrats on taking 3rd place with that many boats. thank you for sharing your story with the rest of us. and a great job catching so many fish in this messed up weather.
    sherman

Salmonid likes this.
  6. BuzzBait Brad

BuzzBait Brad River Angler

Congrats on a successful tourney

Salmonid likes this.
  7. Cat Mangler

Cat Mangler Pirateer

Back at it, way to get em in the boat fellas!

Salmonid likes this.
  8. Nice fish I fish there alot so it is neat to see some of the fish!

Salmonid likes this.
  9. I believe RF has been known for years as a good cat lake, I remember thirty years ago fishing walleye there and getting some huge catfish.

garhtr and Salmonid like this.
  10. going through old pictures from the 50's of my folks - mom, dad, grandmother and uncle fishing at RF and pulling in big catfish

Salmonid likes this.
  11. Great job Mark and Rusty. Didn't fish the docks Sat. or I may have seen you. Fished Fri. and Sun. and got some crappies.

Salmonid likes this.
  12. Glad to see Rocky is still a great catfish lake, nice fish Salmonid.
    My dad and I spent a lot of time early spring walleye fishing on Rocky also, we fished live chubs and occasionally picked up some big cats and a musky every now and then.
    Nice report and Good luck and Good Fishing !

Salmonid likes this.