close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NIMI 1/23/17 Crappie action!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bobberbucket, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Just quietly pay them and go on your way! I know first hand it ain't worth bickering with them. Give them their petty money and go fishing But if you must flip I'll come get ya and I'll bring bait

Erieangler51 likes this.

2. I remember that day! That was ladue like 2 winters ago. How does my hog crappie feel? I bet that fish is 2 lbs.

3. Anyone make it out today? I won't be getting out locally till at least Friday. I'll be spending a couple days in central Ohio working on what my wife referrers to as my "grown mans go cart" (VW rail buggy) getting things ready for spring and summer. I'm gonna take a couple rods just in case I decided to take a break and hit one of the rivers nearby.

4. Looking at the 10 day it looks good to get on our early spots. If the weather holds up it could be 1 fantastic early spawn.

bobberbucket likes this.
  5. Got a few nice ones at nimi today. Gold hook and minnow under a float. Wind made it a pain at times but it wasn't to bad when it would let up ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487133005.990921.jpg

HappySnag, All Eyes, chaunc and 7 others like this.
  6. Man now I really wish I could have found a way to sneak off yesterday!

7. Nice catch!

8. I used to fish Gulp minnows alot for bass, that's where I got my screen name years ago. That stuff works pretty well at times.

bobberbucket likes this.
  9. You guys are killin me! I gotta get the boat out this weekend somewhere! Probably the portage lakes somewhere. Are they hitting during the day too or just early and late? I never fished for them this early in the year from a boat!

buckzye11 and bobberbucket like this.
  10. I've done pretty good late morning through evening. .

11. Yes I agree. Sleep is and let the water warm up a little before heading out.

12. set-the-drag

set-the-drag Johnny tsunami

Erie where you keeping your hook shallower

13. Well fellas I've got a 4 dozen minnows and some plastics. Gonna try and get some panfish action action today! With the temps on the rise it should be a beautiful day for some fishing.

14. I drive to Mosquito this morning with the boat in tow. Got there to find skin ice all over the lake. May need to let the sun do its work at Nimi bobber.

15. I may skip nimi and try elsewhere I saw lots of skim around the plx

16. Had a half hour last night to hit Kiwanis arm... just a few gills for me but needed some fish slime on me... been a while!
    Your buddy the blue heron was waiting for a snack there, those birds got it figured out now.

bobberbucket likes this.
  17. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487366120.767767.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487366173.846773.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487366214.380326.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487366250.477795.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487366273.835627.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1487366295.317038.jpg

Well ended up wandering the tusc it was a tough bite for sure! Caught a variety of species all small! And I had to work for them! Caught them on gold hook and minnow under a float 3-5ft deep also caught a few on 1/32oz jig orange with a black&silver tube. They wanted the plastic shallow 12" 1.5 deep. The sunshine felt great it was nice to be outside

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  18. Am planning on getting out 2morrow round 930 at nimi anybody think there be ice around shore ?