Ohio Game Fishing banner

looking for new lakes to fish in ohio where I can run a 15 foot jon boat and be safe?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  FOSR 
#1 ·
I'm looking for lakes where I can be safe running a 15 foot v style jon boat with a 9.9 hp engine. I recently purchased it and the only lakes I have been on are Cowan and Eastwood lakes. I'm looking for more lakes that I can fish. I would like to fish lakes like Caesars Creek, Delaware, Knox, Oshaunessy (however you say that), Acton, Burr Oak, Deer Creek, Rocky Fork, Paint Creek Lake, Buckeye, and any other suggestions. I really don't care about the 10 hp rule, I just want to catch some bass and be safe. Sorry if this is too vague or anything. Any and All help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Justis

#12 ·
My son and I have a 12' flat bottom aluminum johnboat that we tie up on top of my Jeep. I fastened some transom wheels to the back of it (check it out online...a real cheap and easy way to get around fumbling with a trailer) so I can simply set the boat on the ramp and wheel it into the water.

We only use a trolling motor, so the best lakes with the least amount of wake (or chop on a windy day) are:

Hargus Lake
Rush Creek Lake
Hoover (Twin Bridges area)
OShaghnessy (Twin Lakes area)
Knox Lake
Alum Creek (Howard Rd.)

Have fun!

#17 ·
I fished out of a 14'alum v haul boat with a 9.9 johnson on it for 30 years. Had it everywhere from Canada to 5 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico..fished and ran across lakes in every kind of weather you can imagine. My advice..wear your life jacket, use common sense and try any lake you want to fish. Use google and boat ramps app to find the "safer" places to put in at..Goodluck and good fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.