close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. Don't forget Guest the Fishing Tackle Flea Market starts this Thursday! http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/threads/2017-fishing-tackle-flea-market.309634/
    Dismiss Notice

Deer Creek payed off!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by slabseeker, Apr 15, 2017.

1. slabseeker

slabseeker Crappies, heat up the fryer please!

Yea, it was a monster for Ohio public waters for sure. Caught some that big and one 19" inch at a gravel north of Urbana before, but nothing like that on public waters. Found a dead crappie at Kiser once that measured 21 1/2 inches. My buddy and I could not believe their was crappie that big in Kiser. Another buddy of mine seen a guy catch a 22" at Cowan at the marina docks. Their there, just rare. I know what you mean about Alabama crappie, My dad and I use to fish Weiss Lake when I was younger. Seeing all those mounted 4 to 6 pound crappie at all the local bait shops and diners use too wow us.

2. Dang 19/20/22" crappie is insane! Anywhere! I've seen a 19" but was from down south an a 17-1/2 " caught local but not bye me.... I've been extatic about the 13-14" fish I've been getting lately haha

3. slabseeker

Going back down in the morning too try and fill the livewell with some slabs again. Hope to see ya! I took the whole week off might even be back down Friday. Either Deer Creek or Indian, have not decided yet for Friday.

MDBuckeye likes this.
  4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Wow, how cool would that be to go to all of the bait shops and diners in Alabama that all have crappie mounted on the walls larger than the established world records for white or black crappie?

You are probably the only person in the US that has ever caught a crappie over 19" and actually seen another over 21" and then on top of all of that to have your buddy witness the catch of a 22" , all in Ohio is ..........amazing.

Brahmabull71 likes this.
  5. Brahmabull71

Brahmabull71 Legend in the Making

Hey...I love a good fish story but...I also call BS!

Why am I picturing some dude with a mullet in a trucker hat saying, "I swear to gawd he did."

Also, only 1 of the top 25 fish were even taken in Alabama. Hey...coincidently the same amount as Ohio had!

White Crappie: 5.3 lbs - 19"
    https://www.igfa.org/species/123-crappie-white.aspx?CommonName=123-crappie-white.aspx

Black Crappie: 5.0 lbs - Data too old for length
    https://www.igfa.org/species/122-crappie-black.aspx?CommonName=122-crappie-black.aspx

http://www.landbigfish.com/staterecords/fishrecords.cfm?order=weight&sortorder=desc&ID=13

CrappieTacos likes this.
  6. Brahmabull71

7. slabseeker

BS! My ---! Tell you what, come by the house and see the 19 incher on the wall. Pm any time and give you directions. Like I stated, I did'nt catch the 21" but seen dead washed up on the bank at Kiser. I actually thought it was a dead Wiper when first seen. For the 22" caught at cowan it was even in the Fish Finder magazine. I caught the 19" in a gravel pit that seen little fishing presence. Do a little more research on Weiss lake Alabama back in the 80's before you spout off and call someone a liar. Jealous or hater, which one?

8. Brahmabull71

Definitely a hater! I want one that big so my name is in a record book! Biggest to date is only a 17.25" caught/landed in Big Run at Alum Creek up near the power lines along the rocks when I was in my teens before cell phone cameras. I can relate to no picture = didn't happen.

It's all good man!

9. slabseeker

I have a Samsung flip phone. Pm me your phone # and I will send you the pics of the crappie on the wall and the 17 1/4 from the other day. Mr. "Legend in the making".

10. Brahmabull71

Pm sent.

11. Brahmabull71

Slabseeker is legit! Some nice fish he texted me!

12. slabseeker

Thanks Brahmabull for setting the record straight. I have no need to lie about fish. Just "old and tired" not "old and grumpy".

13. I have seen a 19-1/2 " post spawn crappie,that had been sitting on ice all night. Believe it or not. No sweat here.

To see that many big crappie in a life time is amazing. I only hope to catch one close to that in my life time! And if I catch it local that would be icing on the cake

slabseeker likes this.
  14. He may be legit but he didn't see a 6-lb crappie hanging on any wall anywhere. I'm infinity percent confident in saying that