close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. Don't forget Guest the Fishing Tackle Flea Market starts this Thursday! http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/threads/2017-fishing-tackle-flea-market.309634/
    Dismiss Notice

Clueless at WB dock

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mooner, Apr 14, 2017.

1. FootDr

FootDr

Regarding riding single file in a large group...I read an article a few years ago explaining how it would take longer for a car to pass group of say 15 cyclists riding single file vs. the same 15 riding 2 wide since the group as a whole would be shorter and take less time to pass. This is safer for riders, passing vehicle as well as on coming traffic. Reelwonders, sorry to hear about your brother.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017 at 8:19 PM
  2. X2

3. Do you fellas believe it ok to fish off the dock when there's no boats around, and simply moving if a boat does come to use the ramp/dock? Just curious

4. J2jm

J2jm

There were 2 of them on the courtesy dock fishing Tuesday at the causeway at Mosquito. Didn't bother to move as boats were launching and retrieving. I thought about saying it was a courtesy dock and there is fishing on the break wall adjacent to the ramp.
    I worked around them and just shook my head. Did not say anything. I figure you just can't fix stupid

jonnythfisherteen2 likes this.
  5. Mooner

Mooner

If it's posted ( as it is at WB Campground Ramp) No Fishing On the Boat Docks, that's exactly what it means.

driftfish101 and c. j. stone like this.
  6. X2! It is posted at every ramp I use(sometimes printed clearly on the driveup side end of the ramp)!

driftfish101 and Mooner like this.
  7. Mooner

Mooner

I've not yet been to a really busy boat ramp so far this year, and being fairly new to this immediate area, it'll be interesting and trying to see how many knuckleheads show up during the holidays. Can't wait! lol

8. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

The ignorance and stupidity is world class. The knuckleheads outnumber the non-knucks.

9. Mooner

Mooner

I replaced the prop on my boat recently and removed a nice size bird's nest of braided and mono fishing line from the shaft. I wonder how much of this was gathered at the docks just because people chose to fish from there.

ya13ya03 likes this.
  10. snag

snag

Go to the state ramps on a holiday weekend on Sunday evening And really get a show on getting boats out of the water. It can get crazy..

11. Mooner

Mooner

Should I bring my fishing pole? lolol

driftfish101 likes this.
  12. snag

snag

We went to W Branch years ago on the July 4 th weekend , parked by the west ramp toward evening, watched the crazies pulling out it was a show for sure.

iceberg likes this.
  14. Might want to check to see if you got any water in your lower unit.seals might be damaged.

Mooner and louisvillefisherman like this.
  15. Mooner

Mooner

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 8:52 PM