Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

Delco park

Old 08-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Flathead King 06
click...click...click

Send a message via AIM to Flathead King 06
Default Delco park

anyone ever fish this pond...I have been to it but wasnt fishing...just wondering because my college is 5 minutes tops from this place, and the main answer im looking for is that it has cats in it...im sure its like any other community park pond...whatever people catch that live in the area gets dumped into it...ive tried contacting the kettering parks website but they have permanently terminated the links for mailing them so...thanks for any info

In search of that elusive hawg flathead...

Last edited by Flathead King 06; 08-05-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Flathead King 06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
tobakabus

You're not allowed to go back to School Flathead King. You have to stay available to fish with me when and where I want. hahahaha
tobakabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
lpead

Used to catch channel there in high school. Unfortunately that was 15 years ago. Should be alright to try but I wouldn't put it at the top of your list.
lpead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
Salmonid

Fishing is not what it used be many years ago efore they redid it. Now its loaded with 2" bluegills ( unless you are trying to catch them for bait, then they are nowhere to be found) and I have seen a few 2 lb bass come out of there but after that, I don t think Kettering stocks it at all ( not even for kids derby's) I wouldnt waste much time there but if you had an hour to kill between classes, it would be fine for that, Im sure there are some channels in there but I have never sen one or ever heard of any weird catches from there, those are all from the pond by the Fraise ( all the weird catches)

Salmonid
Salmonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #5
Flathead King 06
click...click...click

Send a message via AIM to Flathead King 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobakabus View Post
You're not allowed to go back to School Flathead King. You have to stay available to fish with me when and where I want. hahahaha
Yea I wish I didnt have to go back to school and could stay around here and fish all the time, but its fast approaching...the 29th of this month...it saddens me..o well the fish will have time to let their mouths heal over

In search of that elusive hawg flathead...
Flathead King 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Hank Johnson

There are cats in there. When I was younger probably in 6th or 7th grade I caught a pretty big one. Other than that 2 inch blue gills is the only thing I've seen haha.
Hank Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
CatBassCrap
GMR

I caught some decent bass out of there earlier this year. Soft plastics seemed to be the key.
CatBassCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
sc83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonid View Post
Fishing is not what it used be many years ago efore they redid it. Now its loaded with 2" bluegills ( unless you are trying to catch them for bait, then they are nowhere to be found) and I have seen a few 2 lb bass come out of there but after that, I don t think Kettering stocks it at all ( not even for kids derby's) I wouldnt waste much time there but if you had an hour to kill between classes, it would be fine for that, Im sure there are some channels in there but I have never sen one or ever heard of any weird catches from there, those are all from the pond by the Fraise ( all the weird catches)

Salmonid
It used to be a awesome little pond for catfishing before they redid it. Lots of channels and bullheads then, now not really sure. Lincoln park by the fraze has some big flatheads or at least use to in it.
sc83 is offline   Reply With Quote