Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

catfishermans paradise 2

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
iam20fan

Send a message via Yahoo to iam20fan
Default catfishermans paradise 2

anyone ever fish catfishermans paradise 2 in southwest ohio?

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 05-31-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
traphunter

Nope and I dont want to either.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #3
jmtfishing

Question

Where is it at? i knew about the one on the southeast side of ohio. I have heard good things about that one, just didnt want to drive half a day to get to it.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
1badmthrfisher

people get in fights and are complete rednecks there.... I actually heard that someone got shot at at one of the two lakes... they are poorly run, have no care for thier fish and treat the lakes like crap...i fished at the one on the east side of ohio like 3 years ago and my hands got really cut up from fishes mouths and my hands were infected so badly that i had to go to the hospital.... they said they water was so full of bacteria from dead fish (which there are tons of) and crap that it infected my hadn so bad... and the funny thing is that i have heard this from more than 1 person at that lake.

Last edited by 1badmthrfisher; 06-01-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #5
Jackfish

a real catfishermans paradise....is a lonely stetch of river with a nice deep hole....
Old 06-01-2006, 05:55 AM   #6
killerb68

Yeah, took my little brother up there for his first cattin experience. It was a little disturbing to see them going around in a golf cart gaffing all the dead cats and throwing them into a 55 gal drum.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
traphunter

Quote:

a real catfishermans paradise....is a lonely stetch of river with a nice deep hole....
With your women beside you...Amen

Old 06-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #8
Dougerus

I think most people fish at these as a form of gambling, you can win for tagged fish or biggest fish of the week and such. One on route 7 south of Marietta is $12 for 12 hours and more to be part of big cat pot I believe. I spoke to one of the guys that catches cats for these pay lakes I guess they do it down south with a special commercial license and haul em up here. They did have some big blues in there around 80lbs and one that died was over 100 heard it got caught 5 times or so. The Ohio river is just across the road amazes me people will pay to fish in a mud hole when they could be fishing that mighty river has to be the gambling aspect I am guessing!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
bkr43050

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam20fan
anyone ever fish catfishermans paradise 2 in southwest ohio?
Isn't is amazing that one can ask such a simple question and get such a pelethera of responses but yet nobody actually answers your question?

I am sorry I can't help you either. I am not down in that area and have never been there. Hopefully someone can chime in and help you out.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
DaleM
Original OGF Staff Member

Inland Lakes & Reservoirs  

Total Awards: 2

You know guys, we go through this about every month. Simple answer is that if you don't like pay lakes DON'T GO!! Some people like them for different reasons. . The pay lakes are there for a reason, maybe not what you like but they are here and have been for most of my 58 years. Iam20fan just ask a simple question. He wasn't trying to start problems.

U.S. AIR FORCE VETERAN 1968-1972

Retired Fire Fighter

Remember: Don't make Old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Last edited by DaleM; 06-01-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
traphunter

Quote:
He wasn't trying to start problems.
And nobody started any.

If people are allowed to talk about fishing paylakes or whatever, then other people should be able to talk about how they dislike them. I dont see the problem here. If everyone is entitled to their own opionions, that means everyone.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #12
traphunter

Quote:
Simple answer is that if you don't like pay lakes DON'T GO!!
and its not quite that simple. Even though the people that dislike paylakes may never go in their life, they are still being affected by paylakes everyday when our waters are raped of wild fish that we could be catching. Of course those who do not have a passion and respect for catfish will probably never releize this.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #13
bkr43050

Quote:
Originally Posted by traphunter
And nobody started any.

If people are allowed to talk about fishing paylakes or whatever, then other people should be able to talk about how they dislike them. I dont see the problem here. If everyone is entitled to their own opionions, that means everyone.
That is true but if you post a question that you want to find out more info about only to get bombarded by responses that have nothing to do with your question? You are a hunter and I have seen your posts about your hunting experiences. Do you want all of the anti-hunters to lurk in the shadows and jump in on your thread ridiculing you for killing poor innocent creatures? I doubt that you want that any more than this guy does.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #14
truck

The ppl that I know that have been to CFP 1 and 2 did not like it at all,and they are paylakers.As mentioned before alot of ppl go just to get in on the money pots.From what they have told me the owners only care about your money Good luck
Old 06-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #15
Dougerus

I thought or was trying to just share what I know about CFP 1 and thought it might explain how CFP 2 is set up. I have stopped in and spoke to the owner seemed like a nice enough guy and the fellow that does the catching down south for him is the only I have ever met with a catfish tatoo. His picture appears on the web site a few times.
http://www.catfishermansparadise.com/

CFP2 is mentioned and pictured!
http://www.catfishermansparadise.com...ke_opening.htm
If you scroll down the guy with the 72lb cat is the fellow I see at Devols Dam a good bit! You can see that Cat tatoo on his right shoulder as well, now that is a guy that takes his catfishing serious, I suppose these lakes may give you a better chance to catch a GIANT cat, Ohio put a limit on cats over 36inches this year because of the growing popularity of these BIG BRAWLERs!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
DaleM
Original OGF Staff Member

Total Awards: 2

I'm sure there are some great pay lakes out there. I also know there are some that are not so good. We can only hope that they try their best to make them a best as they can for those that go to them. I use to know a guy that had a pay lake and he did infact run a very good operation. He made sure that any fish caught that was in danger of dying was taken home or at least given to someone that wanted to take it home. We all know this can't always be done unless they stand over all the fisherman, but it can and has been done in some cases. Maybe the new law will someday have an effect on these lakes in the futher, we can only wait and see. Arguing here won't settle anything, we all know that as a fact. There are other ways to get the problem solved so start there. With the number of catfish lovers we have here I'm sure they could contact someone and at least try to make a difference. Good luck to everyone, know get out and fish guys, it's to nice to be setting here when the big one may be waiting for your bait.

U.S. AIR FORCE VETERAN 1968-1972

Retired Fire Fighter

Remember: Don't make Old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #17
bimhoff07
I'd rather be fishin'.

Send a message via AIM to bimhoff07

To answer your question, nope, I've never fished it.

As for "starting a fight," I'm pretty sure no one here is. They're simply stating how they feel about Catfisherman's paradise. That's what people do in forums.

I fish for fun, not for dinner.

2009 Fish Ohio Awards:
13" Crappie
Old 06-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
ShakeDown
OGF Staff

I don't see anything that resembles a fight either. Just guys stating opinions, some more passionately than others
Old 06-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #19
Big Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Big Daddy

No fights being started... I think that phrase is being taken out of context, as threads concerning this issue did end up in anger, personal attacks, and conflict.

But, those threads are in the past.

Discuss away guys, but please try and control your passions. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion on anything, and you can even post it, as long as it doesn't break the rules.

It's all good though guys.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff
ICE DANCE IN PROGRESS
Proud to be an ice fisherman

Take a kid fishing. Pass it on
Old 06-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #20
muskieseeker

I have been to cfp 2 once went about 5 in the morning could not find a place to fish dead fish everywhere stood next to the truck for about 5 minutes and left the lake is very small but there is another lake on the property that they are suppose to connect to the main lake. It is out off of 127 going towards camden turn off a little side street (sorry cant think of the name there is a drive thru on the corner I think) it was a ugly messy mus hole when we went but that was right after it opened last year.
Closed Thread