Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports >

Avondale Wildlife Area

Old 05-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
bimhoff07
I'd rather be fishin'.

Send a message via AIM to bimhoff07
Question Avondale Wildlife Area

Has anyone ever fished any of the ponds in the Avondale Wildlife Area southwest of Zanesville? It's part of the AEP lands refuge area (AEP ReCreation/Conesville/Avondale). I was out there hiking yesterday with some friends and noticed on the map that there are all kinds of small ponds. I just wondered if anyone has ever tried it out?

I fish for fun, not for dinner.

2009 Fish Ohio Awards:
13" Crappie
bimhoff07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 05-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #2
Bherrick

Default Thought about it, but never acted

We talked about trying out the fishing in some of the other AEP areas, but the lack of camping has always made it a no go for us, we come down from Akron and it would be to far for a one day trip, and if we decide to camp in the Recreation Lands, we might as well just fish the ponds close by.

But I would be interested to hear about Avondale and the Conesville areas.

Also I noticed AEP posted a more detailed map of the Equine area. I heard that area was closed early this year. Does anyone have any info on wether that area is open/closed and how is the fishing in that area. I looks like it has some classic Ohio Power lakes.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
jeffgummy

Send a message via MSN to jeffgummy

I have talked to some folks on here that have done good at Avondale, but I have been there 3 times, on 3 of the nicest days you could go in the spring and not done very well. I did a heck of a lot of walking though. I think aep is worth the extra 35 minutes, it seems that much better. I have never been to Conesville but I have heard some good things about it, especially for big bluegill. I hope this helps.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
pitdweller

Default camping at avondale

there is a campground in the heart of avondale,i think it is private,with electiric I heard it was 5 bucks a night cant confirm the cost but the people I spoke with that were camping there said it was more of a donation than a fee,something about being run by the township,sorry I am not more clear on it
pitdweller is offline   Reply With Quote