Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports >

north canton area fishing?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
!@#$carp

Default north canton area fishing?

Looking for any Info lakes in North Canton/Canton area.Would like to take my nephew Shore access and lots of gills would be a plus.
!@#$carp is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
promag

All around there is mostly private. If you know someone that lives in these private gated communities you will get some great fishing in. Lake of the pines is a good one. Lake cable and nobles pond. My buddies dad lived at nobles pond and we caught some of the big largemouth. And I'm not sure if lake of the pines is open to public or not but I had to pay to fish and my friend knew a resident there. This was a few years ago. I use to go to lake o'springs and rent a boat but the owner sold it and the boat house has been torn down. I hope you find a good place best of luck to you.

promag
promag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Raider1

Petros and sippo lake in Perry twp. Nimisilla lake and boetler park ponds in green. Boetler park would be best for kids. My boys catch something every time we go.
Raider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Raider1

Also, lock 4 in canal fulton. Price park pond in n.canton. Besides price park, the waters I listed aren't in n.canton. But they are in neighboring twps & cities.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
!@#$carp

Thanks would like to check on Boetler.I know where Price Park is didnt know you could fish in the pond though.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
ztmdodge

I would try price park. I used to live 2 blocks away growing up and fished there all the time. I don't think there was ever a day when I fished there and didn't catch at least 1 catfish. Sometimes I caught 10-12. I used the blood catfish powerbait. It stays on the hook really good. Sometimes you can even catch multiple fish with one piece. I've also caught some big ones with hot dogs but they get stolen much easier. And if you want to fish for panfish you can catch plenty of bluegill and crappie there as well with nightcrawlers.
ztmdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Raider1

Don't know the dates. But price park has a fishing rodeo every year. So, fishing won't be allowed till after rodeo.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
fishinfool88

Someone caught a forty pound flathead out of there honest to God i saw the pics go thier with a bluegill and hang on bring you're kids of course it's she's 16 under and 60 and over but no one says anything
fishinfool88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
!@#$carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinfool88 View Post
Someone caught a forty pound flathead out of there honest to God i saw the pics go thier with a bluegill and hang on bring you're kids of course it's she's 16 under and 60 and over but no one says anything
Got to go catch some small gills and try this.Nephews only about 50lbs.Gonna have to hang on to him.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
ztmdodge

Haha. I've never caught a flathead there but 5 or 6 years ago I used to catch fish that were much larger. The biggest I have caught there was a 37 inch channel. It's not very deep so I fish with a slip bobber rig set at 3' and stay within 10' from the edge at all times. Everyone goes out there and just casts out into the middle and fishes on the bottom and if they're lucky catches one or two while I have a slip bobber rig and I'm catching 6 or more cats sometimes 2-3 ft off the edge of the concrete wall around the pond. And yeah I forget about that tournament every year. I go to fish there and its off limits. I think the tourny is on memorial day and it's closed the week before.
ztmdodge is offline   Reply With Quote