Notices

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > The Lounge >

Canton Boat Show

Old 02-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
cw261

Default Canton Boat Show

For those that may be interested, the Canton Boat Show is this weekend. They have moved it from the Civic Center to the Stark county fairgrounds this year. In years past, they have given out a $10 coupon for Gander Mountain - not sure if they will this year or not. I found the following from the timesreporter.com:

Outdoor notebook: Shirhal, Kiser will be putting on seminars at Canton Boat Show
A few big names are coming out for the 21st annual Canton Boat Show that will be held at the Stark County Fairgrounds.

The three-day event will be held Feb. 5 and 6 and will feature outdoors writer and EverStart Series Pro Bass fisherman John M. Shirhal, and Jack Kiser, host of the “Buckeye Angler,” which is televised on PBS.

Shirhal has been an Ohio bass tournament fisherman for 30 years and has competed nationally for the past five. He has written and presented seminars explaining various techniques for catching largemouth and smallmouth bass. Shirhal, the author of “The Complete Guide to Bass Tournament Fishing,” will host four seminars at the show.

Kiser’s show is a PBS program whose focus is on fishing in Ohio’s public waters. He will present seminars on the correct way to begin fishing and catching northern pike.

Both will host seminars under the following schedule: Saturday – Noon, Shirhal; 2 p.m. – Kiser; 4 p.m. Shirhal. Sunday – 1 p.m. Shirhal; 2 p.m. – Kiser; 3 p.m. – Shirhal.

The show will run Friday from 4-9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.

Tickets are $3.50 at the door for adults and children under 14 are free. Parking is also free.
cw261 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 02-01-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
rockbass
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to rockbass

interesting! Is there a real simple way to get there coming from I77 south?? Or will I be better off looking for directions online?? I am not super familiar with all of Canton, so I may get lost. I just did not know if there was a real easy way to find it.
rockbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
crankus_maximus
Crankus Baitus Maximus

Sure. Get off at the Timken Stables, head west to the first light. Take a left. Right at the first light. Then, left at the nest light (should be a Speedway gas station on the left). Fair is on the right.

I wouldn't mind going to that. I'll be busy.
crankus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #4
Minor
Wannabe Fisherman

FYI for those of you heading to the Canton Boat Show, Crankus's directions are correct . . .thought I would add some street names for ya . . . . .get off of I-77 on the 13th St. exit you will see both Mercy Medical Center and The Stables restaurant . . . head west on 13th St. and make a left turn on Wertz Ave. . . . fairgrounds will be on your right a few blocks down Wertz Ave. . . . . guessing it is about a mile or two tops from the exit . . . hoping to make it there on Sunday . . .see ya there. .
Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
crankus_maximus
Crankus Baitus Maximus

Sorry. grew up there and then moved to Columbus. Thanks for the names.
crankus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #6
bttmline
E.B.C.C. Founder

there is also a fisherman's swap meet just down the round in massilion too on the same days.
tim
bttmline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
Header

Default Caanton Boat show

There is an easier way to the Stark co. fairgorunds. Go past the exit they talk about past the stables. Get off at the next one 6th St. N. Downtown exit. Go through that light and turn right at the next one. Five blocks you'll dead end at the fair grounds. Turn right for the main gate.
Header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #8
Fish2day

Talking Test time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw261
The three-day event will be held Feb. 5 and 6
Can anyone tell me what is missing here?
Fish2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:07 AM   #9
Minor
Wannabe Fisherman

. . .Know what your saying . . .they are advertising a 2 day event . . . yet i've heard they will be open friday 4 to 9pm . . . along with sat and sun . . .don't know specifics so don't take this from me . . .. do know that there is a tackle/gear event in richvillle on sat and sunday as well. . . .planning on hitting both on sunday . . .have to work saturday . .> . . .tackle show / swap meet as far as i know is sat and sun only . . . . .. take I77 to 30w to richville exit . . .head south to navarre road . . . .and then east about 1/2 mile to richville area where the fishing / tackle show will be . . .sorry i don't have specifics . . .. but do know they are advertising this as i drive by it frequently . . . if you need further directions email me by tommorrow as i probally won't check email on sat . . . . .email is minor007@hotmail.com . . .. hope this helps ..
Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #10
cw261

Default ???

Copied and pasted the article from the Timesreporter.com - you'll have to ask them. Apparently it was a typo - this was on the Akron Beacon Journal site:

• Feb. 4 - 6, 2005 -- The Stark County Fairgrounds will host the 21st Annual Canton Boat Show. Harris Battery is sponsoring the new location for this event. Tickets are $3.50 for adults; children under 14 are free. FirstMerit is sponsoring free parking. Show hours are 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, and on Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Information: 330-484-6622.

Last edited by cw261; 02-04-2005 at 08:37 AM.
cw261 is offline   Reply With Quote