Notices

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > Tackle Talk >

High visibility line

Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
mr max

Default High visibility line

I would appreciate any members opinion on a high visibility Non Braid line for use with spinning gear.I shore fish at night & use a short fluorocabon leader.My concerns are line memory, line twist & visibility.I want your opinion on a hi-vis mono in 8lb-10lb but a hi-vis copolymer hybrid would also do the trick actually any thing but braid.
mr max is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
MOBIL4

I love braid. Took me awhile to learn a knot that was dependable for attaching a fluoro leader. I use to use Berkeley transition mono. Used it on my jig and pig rod. Very abrasion resistant and very visible out of the water. It's been around for a long time.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Snakecharmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr max View Post
I would appreciate any members opinion on a high visibility Non Braid line for use with spinning gear.I shore fish at night & use a short fluorocabon leader.My concerns are line memory, line twist & visibility.I want your opinion on a hi-vis mono in 8lb-10lb but a hi-vis copolymer hybrid would also do the trick actually any thing but braid.
Got to go with Stren! Hi visibilty in blue flourescent or even higher in the Hi-vis Gold. I love them both.

Last edited by Snakecharmer; 04-25-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Snakecharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
stak45dx1

i have suffix high vis yellow 10lb mono on one of my steelhead rods and have not had a problem with it, i used the same suffix in clear on a bass rod in 20 lb and that worked out nicely a well. i used to love the stren blue florescent stuff, i've since gone away from it, but i never really had a problem with it, i just feel like the suffix is a little more supple.
stak45dx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
todd61

I have Trilene Sensation(orange) spooled up on a couple outfits and really like it. It has alot less stretch than stren.
todd61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Bassbme

Seaguar Senshi. It's a regular mono that handles awesome on spinning gear. I would love it if it didn't have the blue glow. I don't fish at night though. It's a great line.
Bassbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
grub_man

While it's not the best choice for spinning gear, I have some Trilene Big Game in the solar collector color, and it lights up and looks like a fly line on the water. If you can find something a little more manageable in that color, it would be a great choice. I don't think you'll find a brighter line.

As far as copolies are concerned, I'm a fan of McCoy's Mean Green. It's a very supple line, and has very little memory. It does stretch a bit more than Trilene XL. I think they offer it in a clear/blue version that would be a bit more high vis, but isn't usually found on the shelf most places.

Joe
grub_man is offline   Reply With Quote