Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > Sports Talk >

12-0

Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Saugeyefisher

Default 12-0

Congrats to The Ohio State Buckeyes for a perfect season. And A win over that team up north! regardless how weak the bigten was,this is still a very special thing! And with a 1st yr head coach to boot!
To bad its the end, but it is what it is, and the players did what they could by winning all they could! Hopefully michigan keeps recruiting like last yr.... Gonna be a special next few years!

Last edited by Saugeyefisher; 11-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Saugeyefisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
scallop

Agree 100%. This years team was not a great team by any stretch but they did what they had to do and always found a way to win. Had me on the edge of my seat more times than I can count and lots of yelling at the TV! I am saddened that their play is over, bowl season will just not be the same.

I cannot wait until next season though, can anyone say national champs??!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, and on every fowl of the air, on all that moves on the earth, and on all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Genesis 9:2
scallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Snakecharmer

o..... H......
Old 11-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Minnowhead

Sports Talk

TEAM SHAPPELL
Minnowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
laynhardwood

The bucks better flush twice it is a long way to Michigan I-O

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
laynhardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
imalt
Banned

Urban did this with a team that was 6-7 last year. Its going to be one hell of a ride in years to come once urban gets his guys in at osu. I hope they at least get some 1st place votes in the ap

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
imalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Saugeyefisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalt View Post
Urban did this with a team that was 6-7 last year. Its going to be one hell of a ride in years to come once urban gets his guys in at osu. I hope they at least get some 1st place votes in the ap

Well said,and that would be cool,but doutfull imho(the ap vote that is)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
buckeyebowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugeyefisher View Post
Well said,and that would be cool,but doutfull imho(the ap vote that is)
Maybe not, but I heard an interesting comment on a post game or pre game show today. It was, that if OSU was eligible for BCS bowl play, and, if Notre Dame beats USC tonight, that it would probably be O State vs ND for the national championship! And Meyer doesn't even have his own players yet! Another comment was made that he is blowing other school's doors off as far as recruiting goes! Number 1 recruiting class anyone? To say that I'm jazzed about Ohio State's future would be an understatement!
buckeyebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
glacier_dropsy

A one loss Alabama beat this UM team at a neutral site like they were practicing against second string scrubs. OSU fans acting like they deserve votes for the national championship after playing a tight game at home versus this UM team further demonstrates what a BS popularity contest college football is. We need a playoff.

That said, congrats on 12-0, it's never easy to run the table in the B1G, should be an exciting off season for OSU fans with large expectations for next year.

Last edited by glacier_dropsy; 11-24-2012 at 07:50 PM.
glacier_dropsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
kickinbass

I'm a big OSU fan and think that 12-0 is SWEEEET!!! However, we might have the weakest undefeated team ever lol. A part of me wishes we had at least one big nonconference game to test us. At the same time, I think I know how OSU would've fared in a game like Michigan opened with (vrs bama in Texas) and maybe its better that we didn't have a game like that especially when it comes to recruiting. OSU should have the #1 class given the hype that Meyer had last year without even playing a game let alone now that OSU went undefeated. I can't wait for the years to come!
kickinbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #11
Saugeyefisher

C,mon guys wasnt trying to make this a can osu beat a sec team(or whoever is in the championship) And also never said they ''deserve'' to be voted into ap nc..... And buckeyebowman,as much as I would Like for that to happen,I think you heard that on buckeye football fever,pretty biased. Heck lol I dont even know if ND won or loss, Ive been fishing.

Ok just looked and seen ND did win(congrats to them,pulling off what MOST didnt think would happen). Not saying the buckeyes woud deserve or even be invited to the NC game,BUTTTTT wouldnt that be sweet ND VS. OSU In a NC game! Just think of the rateings(because of that think it would of been posible this yr,though the rateing will still be huge regardless who they play)

Last edited by Saugeyefisher; 11-25-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #12
die4irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebowman View Post
Number 1 recruiting class anyone? To say that I'm jazzed about Ohio State's future would be an understatement!
Right now ND's recruiting class is #2 with 3 spots open. Me happy too
die4irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #13
loves2fishinohio

I'm probably more proud of this team than any other year. Lot's of players could have walked away. We finished 12-0, nobody can take that from us.
loves2fishinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #14
KaGee
Rediculous Mod

D-FENCE!

Sports Talk
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #15
crittergitter
Multi Species Angler

Anyone else think the timing for honoring the 2002 team was a little off? We can't go to a bowl game and former coach Jim Tressel is a big part of the reason why we can't. Then, to have him paraded around seemed a little inappropriate to me. I like Tressel, but I think all of that could have waited until next year.

"I am driven to excel" - me
http://driven2excel.wordpress.com/
crittergitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
Saugeyefisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergitter View Post
Anyone else think the timing for honoring the 2002 team was a little off? We can't go to a bowl game and former coach Jim Tressel is a big part of the reason why we can't. Then, to have him paraded around seemed a little inappropriate to me. I like Tressel, but I think all of that could have waited until next year.
Yea I agree 100%, very bad timeing, thought it was a 10 yr reunion, there could have been better times to do. Heck maybe even during one of the basketball games...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
Shad Rap

Funny cuz at 12-0 they still wouldnt be in the NC game even if they were eligible...can u say Boise St?..they played no quality opponent, struggled with mediocre teams, and didnt score enough points throughout the year to be credible...I know I'll take a hit for this but OSU truly doesnt belong in the NC game.
Shad Rap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #18
Bassbme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Rap View Post
Funny cuz at 12-0 they still wouldnt be in the NC game even if they were eligible...can u say Boise St?..they played no quality opponent, struggled with mediocre teams, and didnt score enough points throughout the year to be credible...I know I'll take a hit for this but OSU truly doesnt belong in the NC game.
I don't think OSU would belong in the national championship game either, but the Boise State example you gave isn't really the best example to go by. The Big Ten or whatever they call it, is rated as a stronger conference than the Mountain West Conference was in the year you're referencing. And in reality, it is.

I will say that yesterdays game was the best game I saw Ohio State play all year. If they played like the whole year like they played yesterday it would be a true shame that they weren't eligible this year. Michigan is a lot better team in the configuration they were in yesterday, versus Robinson at QB.

I didn't like the Tressell thing either. I thought it was in pour taste considering the stage. Does anyone know if Clairette (sp) was there?
Bassbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
SConner
Fish Whisperer

Inland Rivers & Streams  
 Inland Rivers & Streams  
 Inland Rivers & Streams  

Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
Does anyone know if Clairette (sp) was there?
Yes, Clarette was there.
SConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
Saugeyefisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Rap View Post
Not saying there deserving to be in the NC game.. What im saying is congrats on a perfect season,under a 1 yr head coach,and congrats on beating michigan.... Im one of the guys saying all season how weak a schedule they had. And If they were eligable and did sqeak in some how, It wouldnt be because of how good they were or strength of schedule(obviously). It would be because Notre Dame VS. Ohio State In the National Championship game is VERY sexy,and would bring in boo coo rateings.. But thats not the case,and its not up to the coaches/players,(at least next cple yrs games) what oppenents are put on the field for them to play. Its ws there job to go out there and Beat them all,and that they did.