Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Discuss your favorite species! > Walleye & Saugeye Discussions >

Northeast ohio walleye

Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Wishiniwasfishing

Default Northeast ohio walleye

Anyone on here willing to give tips on where to get walleye around these parts I just moved to kent I'm from Columbus ohio and used to get a lot of saugeye from that area but I'm pretty stumped up here. I've tried a few places but one place that looks quite promising is the milton lake causeway I found a place to park and can access it. Is this worth my time? I was gonna throw joshy swim baits small cranks rooster tails and such. Would I be better off hitting Erie from the shore? Thanks for any help I desperately need some walleye to tide me over Til ice over! I've been catching smallies and pike since I've been here but I'd prefer eyes thanks again for the info feel free to pm me.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Wishiniwasfishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
c. j. stone

Causeways are good in early Spring when the spawn gets going. Esp.those with riprap rocks. Your best bet would be these areas at night other times of the year.Daytime walleye fishing from shore on the NE Ohio lakes can be very tough going.
c. j. stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
buckeyebowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by c. j. stone View Post
Causeways are good in early Spring when the spawn gets going. Esp.those with riprap rocks.
Your best bet would be these areas at night
other times of the year.Daytime walleye fishing from shore on the NE Ohio lakes can be very tough going.
My BIL hit a pattern last year at Pymatuning in late Spring, early Summer, fishing along the causeway at night. He was in a boat, but I imagine fishing from the causeway itself could be just as effective. He cast shallow HJ's, Rapala minnows, swim baits and paddle tail baits, and he whacked some nice sized walleye there. Seems they would cruise up out of deeper water toward the causeway looking for baitfish. This was all after midnight.
buckeyebowman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
igmire01

One word................NIGHTBITE!! or is it two............anyways. But be safe where ever you go. Read a few posts of guys having problems at night. CCW a must IMO.
igmire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
ignantmike
BERETTA DUCK BOYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by igmire01 View Post
One word................NIGHTBITE!! or is it two............anyways. But be safe where ever you go. Read a few posts of guys having problems at night. CCW a must IMO.
its a shame when a ccw is required for fishin
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote