Notices

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > Sports Talk >

buckeyes # 6?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
leupy

Default buckeyes # 6?

I am as big a buckeye fan as most but even with a no loss season they have not looked that good now they are ranked #6 in the nation, with only other Big 10? team in the top 25 is Nebraska. How can that be?

I am also a Steelers fan, that said they did look like convicts in pajammas today, I hope they never wear those uniforms again.
leupy is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 10-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Snakecharmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leupy View Post
I am as big a buckeye fan as most but even with a no loss season they have not looked that good now they are ranked #6 in the nation, with only other Big 10? team in the top 25 is Nebraska. How can that be?

I am also a Steelers fan, that said they did look like convicts in pajammas today, I hope they never wear those uniforms again.
I thought the stripes were very appropriate for that team, especially for a certian QB.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
smokercraft15

Quote:

true! buckeyes have struggled beating sub par teams. and braxton doesnt look as good as most are saying. still needs alot of work on passing. he is a great runner tho.
smokercraft15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
smokercraft15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakecharmer View Post
I thought the stripes were very appropriate for that team, especially for a certian QB.
now thats funny!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
leupy

How many do you think have the same parole officer? I love the Stealers, not a spelling error.
leupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
buckeyebowman

My brother and I are both big Buckeyes fans, and he said something recently that really stuck with me. Seeing as how the Bucks aren't eligible for a BCS bowl game, or even the Big 10 championship game, why waste a ranking spot on them that might go to a more deserving team? And what happens to the BCS championship game if, at the end of the season, the Bucks wind up at #2? Or will they fiddle with the computer to make sure that doesn't happen?
buckeyebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Saugeyefisher

Im not sure but I think ap and bcs are two different things. Bucks could win ap nc, but there not and wont be ranked in the BCS standings......

And I think 6 is awfully high for a team that hasnt beat anybody good. Big ten is AWFULL this yr and there non conferece games were weak. LOTS of other teams out there that would beat them 9 times if they played 10, lots. BUT they are unbeaten, and even playing a weak shedule, is a great acomplishmen
Saugeyefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Bassbme

Undefeated or not, there is no way should the Buckeyes be ranked at #6. They shouldn't even be in the top 10. And like Saugeyefisher implies ...... they probably shouldn't even be in the top 20. Other than the top 5, the rankings this year have been a joke. I didn't see all of the Penn State game because I was switching back and forth between it, and the St Eds v St Ignatius game .... but what I saw of the game the Buckeyes looked pretty sad. How in the world they're ranked 6th with the schedule they've played and the joke that is the B1g this year, is beyond me.

That being said ........ Go Bucks !!!
Bassbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

The higher they are ranked the better it will be for the B1G next year!
The B1G needs this, until the rest of the league can stabilize and get stronger. A 1 team league is going to do nothing for any of the teams in the league!
As much as we all hate to admit it, the league needs a STRONG Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, etc! As long as the Bucks go undefeated and Penn State does well under O'brien, the B1G is still in the conversation...they need this until the play on the field improves!

If OSU does manage to go undefeated...they'll deserve a top 10 ranking, and set themselves up for next year!
It's hard for anyone to win them all, IN ANY LEAGUE!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
KaGee
Rediculous Mod

The BCS does not include OSU but that does not preclude ESPN and AP from doing their own. Looking at some of the other teams in the top-15, I don't see any reason why #6 is unreasonable.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

It's my understanding that the AP poll is the coaches poll. No?

Last edited by KaGee; 10-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.
KaGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
Silent Mike
Baller Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakecharmer View Post
Alleged!!! lol
Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
Silent Mike
Baller Member

Quote:

i agree their defense doesnt look good but their offense is dope! they got it done no matter what has happened...regardless of opponent strength, they are undefeated and have overcome some adversity here
Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Rod Hawg

As long as they beat Michigan. If they can go undefeated it will do well for recruiting. We'll see what happens. O-H!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Grundens Weather Gear
Cisco Fishing Systems
Warrior Lures
Big Papa Sportfishing
Rod Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
Scum_Frog
Set The Hook`

ya bcs wont include ohio state in the rankings but ap and espn doing theres is another story....I feel like the only reason why they are doing so is because if a 20th ranked team beats a #6 ranked osu then it will help them....it will also help any other team points wise who osu has beaten...Braxton Miller is good but not great....yet...he will form into a solid player but is still young and has made mistakes like anyone else his age.....I can't believe they have him in the top 4 for heisman and not some others.....Oh well! Go Irish!
I work at Sharpnack Chevrolet Buick in Willard. If you're wanting a new or used vehicle and to support OGF and us, please send me a PM if you have any questions or give me a call. 419-765-0554 is my personal Cell.
www.sharpnackdirect.com
Scum_Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
Silent Mike
Baller Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scum_Frog View Post
ya bcs wont include ohio state in the rankings but ap and espn doing theres is another story....I feel like the only reason why they are doing so is because if a 20th ranked team beats a #6 ranked osu then it will help them....it will also help any other team points wise who osu has beaten...Braxton Miller is good but not great....yet...he will form into a solid player but is still young and has made mistakes like anyone else his age.....I can't believe they have him in the top 4 for heisman and not some others.....Oh well! Go Irish!
he will be invited to New York at the very least
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #16
Saugeyefisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scum_Frog View Post
Braxton isnt tebow great but he is imo earned the right to be top 3 in heisman watch. He carrys a buckeyes offence that lacks playmakers. He dosent throw an acurate ball yet but gets it done when he needs to....

And others saying the 6 ranking is nothing but good for the buckeyes and the big ten is right, but still dont think they deserve it.
Saugeyefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugeyefisher View Post
Braxton isnt tebow great but he is imo earned the right to be top 3 in heisman watch. He carrys a buckeyes offence that lacks playmakers. He dosent throw an acurate ball yet but gets it done when he needs to....

And others saying the 6 ranking is nothing but good for the buckeyes and the big ten is right, but still dont think they deserve it.
Braxton is more talented than Tebow already and he has better overall skills...just ask his coach who has said it numerous times!
The thing that made Tebow GREAT was his work ethic and refusal to give up...that dude IS A WINNER AND WILL ALWAYS BE! HE OUTWORKS YOU, AND WHEN YOU LET DOWN, HE STRIKES!
If Braxton EVER finds this inside himself...he could rewrite the record books!

AS for their ranking...I'm having a tough time trying to think of ANYONE under them who deserves to be ranked higher!
The Big 12 is BAD, K-State LOOKS TO BE an SEC tough team, the PAC whatever is Bad except for Oregon and a physical defense will be their downfall!
The Big East sucks along with the ACC!
The SEC is feasting on itself and except for ALABAMA, LSU, and maybe Florida and Georgia, I wouldn't place any higher in the polls.
The Media wants to talk about the downfall of the B1G, but as the season is winding down, there SEEMS TO BE ALOT OF PRETENDERS!

So OSU has CLOSE wins,..so does every other team except Alabama and Oregon...so far!
Remember, OSU is UNBEATEN...SO FAR!
I think #6 is fair...RIGHT NOW!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
Silent Mike
Baller Member

what i dont understand about the SEC is that they call it such a dominant conference yet really only 5/14 are any good. Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and LSU are the main ones, with South Carolina having a good year this year. The rest of the conference is as garbage as anyone else. Tennessee, Kentucky, and Auburn dont even have conference wins, not one, the combine for 0-17!! I agree that the SEC elite can beat anyone in the country, but the rest of the conference is just plain garbage...
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #19
smokercraft15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Braxton is more talented than Tebow already and he has better overall skills...just ask his coach who has said it numerous times!
The thing that made Tebow GREAT was his work ethic and refusal to give up...that dude IS A WINNER AND WILL ALWAYS BE! HE OUTWORKS YOU, AND WHEN YOU LET DOWN, HE STRIKES!
If Braxton EVER finds this inside himself...he could rewrite the record books!

AS for their ranking...I'm having a tough time trying to think of ANYONE under them who deserves to be ranked higher!
The Big 12 is BAD, K-State LOOKS TO BE an SEC tough team, the PAC whatever is Bad except for Oregon and a physical defense will be their downfall!
The Big East sucks along with the ACC!
The SEC is feasting on itself and except for ALABAMA, LSU, and maybe Florida and Georgia, I wouldn't place any higher in the polls.
The Media wants to talk about the downfall of the B1G, but as the season is winding down, there SEEMS TO BE ALOT OF PRETENDERS!

So OSU has CLOSE wins,..so does every other team except Alabama and Oregon...so far!
Remember, OSU is UNBEATEN...SO FAR!
I think #6 is fair...RIGHT NOW!
braxton in the same sentence as college tebow??? lol. delusion of granduer. the dude actually sux passing(he may get better?) against terrible weak teams. tebow played SEC teams. yes he can run. but if he played a quality team that made him win passing the football? he would look worse than troy smith in the nat champ. urban jus lost all credibility by sayin he is heisman worthy. the numbers just arent there. cmon urban jus be real. troy smith didnt deserve the trophy. jamarcus russell n even brady quinn had better qb numbers than troy smith that yr. heisman has become a joke. OSU is unbeeaten against weak big 10 teams and weak miami ohio teams. unacceptable schedule. and when they do schedule formittable teams. osu loses(USC) 0WINS 2 LOSSES.
(texas) 0 wins 2 losses. buckeyes actually in their bowl appearences are 18 wins and 22 losses. that is a bad out of conference record. not a powerhouse record. big ten has been weak for 40yrs.

if osu played any of the top 15 teams. BLOWOUT! wake up and smell reality.

jus sayin.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #20
robertj298

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokercraft15 View Post
braxton in the same sentence as college tebow??? lol. delusion of granduer. the dude actually sux passing(he may get better?) against terrible weak teams. tebow played SEC teams. yes he can run. but if he played a quality team that made him win passing the football? he would look worse than troy smith in the nat champ. urban jus lost all credibility by sayin he is heisman worthy. the numbers just arent there. cmon urban jus be real. troy smith didnt deserve the trophy. jamarcus russell n even brady quinn had better qb numbers than troy smith that yr. heisman has become a joke. OSU is unbeeaten against weak big 10 teams and weak miami ohio teams. unacceptable schedule. and when they do schedule formittable teams. osu loses(USC) 0WINS 2 LOSSES.
(texas) 0 wins 2 losses. buckeyes actually in their bowl appearences are 18 wins and 22 losses. that is a bad out of conference record. not a powerhouse record. big ten has been weak for 40yrs.

if osu played any of the top 15 teams. BLOWOUT! wake up and smell reality.

jus sayin.
LOL A real expert. Seems you know a lot more about the Heisman trophy and the team rankings than the guys that do it for a living. Maybe you should apply for the job with all that expertise. Just let us all know when you are hired lol.
robertj298 is offline   Reply With Quote