Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

Old Sandusky bay bridge

Old 06-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
fishing buddy

Default Old Sandusky bay bridge

Anyone been cat fishing that area thhe last few days?
fishing buddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
cattin15

Went saturday. It was slow. Only 3 channels and 3 huge sheepshead. Not worth fishing right now IMO

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
cattin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
KristenD

I was there last weekend....was set up on the side facing the new bridge for an hour and didn't catch a thing...couldn't get to the other side until someone left. When they left the bf and I set up caught a few sheephead and then was soon overtaken by 3 sets of people basically fishing right on top of us...it was extremly frustrating. They were entangling lines...I thought it was extremely rude! Next time I wont be so nice...
KristenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Fishin Dan

Default old bay bridge

Went up last Saturday with grandson and his girlfriend. We sat near the end of the Marblehead side facing the rail road bridge, just out of the worst of the wind and just out of the river stream. We have had the best luck with shrimp, raw with shells on and # 0/1 or 0/2 bait holder hooks. We stayed form 10 PM until Sunday morning about 8 AM. Action was inconsistant, sometimes more than an hour between bites but we had fun catching 4 or 5 under 5 pounds and 6 or 8 that weighed 8 to 12 pounds, the biggest 14 pounds (yes we weighed them). The cats don't bite hard, just a few taps and they stop, they'll come back and pick up the bait again, sometimes several times until they hold on long enough to set the hook. We were fishing for fun, so all were returned and are awaiting the next angler. Good Luck
Fishin Dan

Last edited by Fishin Dan; 06-23-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Fishin Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
cattin15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenD View Post
I was there last weekend....was set up on the side facing the new bridge for an hour and didn't catch a thing...couldn't get to the other side until someone left. When they left the bf and I set up caught a few sheephead and then was soon overtaken by 3 sets of people basically fishing right on top of us...it was extremly frustrating. They were entangling lines...I thought it was extremely rude! Next time I wont be so nice...
The last two times i have been up there the same older man and woman keep casting over all of our rods if were getting anything. I was patient at first but it gets aggravating. Pretty obvious they are doing it on purpose. And the bad thing is were always there first. I dont understand.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
spikeg79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattin15 View Post
The last two times i have been up there the same older man and woman keep casting over all of our rods if were getting anything. I was patient at first but it gets aggravating. Pretty obvious they are doing it on purpose. And the bad thing is were always there first. I dont understand.

Unfortunately inconsideration seems to be catching on alot more lately with people. About a month or so back me and the wife were fishing the maumee river and a family just comes down and starts casting next to us and of course the way the wind was blowing our lines got crossed Wife lost her temper and basically told them to get lost before I blew my lid . They obliged but not without a bunch of mumbling on the way back up the riverbank. It's like some people these days have never heard of personal space or forgot what it meant lol.
spikeg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
fishing buddy

Thanks to all who responded. I was there Friday night and about dusk things got good !
We were on the railroad side and had very good action with the largest about 12 pounds, but a lot of smaller fish. I'm going back soon as it was a lot of fun.
fishing buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
laynhardwood

Some people are just oblivious to other people fishing 2 days ago I was just walking the bank of an above ground res in Lorain county and some guy comes walking by and starts throwing a stick in the water so his 3 labs could chase after it all the way down the shoreline I was fishing that was pretty inconsiderate no one else fishing the other shorelines and this idiot comes next to me what's a guy to do

laynhardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Fishin Dan

I really haven't had much trouble that way, once in a while lines may get crossed, but eveyone has been polite and careful not to repeat (myself included). One thing that does REALLY frost me is that no one seems to pick up after themselves. Seems there is enough dead stuff and drift junk without leaving trash behind. I would ask every one to take an extra plastic bag along and carry out a little more than you took in - not including fish of course.
Fishin Dan
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
cattin15

There is a spot towards the end on the railroad side that has a pile of trash. Its bad when there is all that trash and a trash can no more than 100ft away

Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
Fishin Dan

Default On the lighter side

Folks - one and all:
I am planing to come back up this Saturday night (30th). Hope to do as well as last time, and maybe meet one or two of you. Should have the grandson and his girl along. Hope everybody (us included) has some luck and maybe cleans up a little too!
Fishin Dan
Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
Lbroschk84
louieb84

Last time i went out was last tuesday. Me and my buddy got down there about 8pm and fished till 130am. We cought well over 30 cats with an average size of about 6 lbs. My biggest fish was 12 lbs and my buddy pulles a 10 lb in. It was not stop the whole time. Cought some big sheep as well.
Lbroschk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #13
ohiosquatch

Went Friday evening.....took home 9 cats..biggest was almost 28 inches. About 9 pounds I would guess. They were hitting on the worms more than the shrimp this time. Might have been that storm that blew threw in the early evening , not sure. A lot of little white perch as well. They didn't start hitting good until late though.
ohiosquatch is offline   Reply With Quote