Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > The Lounge >

New license mistake

Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
fredg53

Default New license mistake

Got new license yesterday looked at it after I got home it has my old address of 10 years ago on it I have moved three times since then and my other licenses were updated an I gave them my current and correct drivers license yesterday when buying my new fishing license. Anybody else have this problem? Should I call them or let it ride?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
fredg53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
eriewalleye

I definitely would call.
eriewalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
tadluvadd

Inland Lakes & Reservoirs  

Total Awards: 2

I work at a odnr license vendor and its no big deal.when your ssn or dl number is entered all that info comes up. be it old or new.they can go in and manually change it before it prints.but its not a big deal as long as ur birthdate and ssn is correct.just tell them next time before they do ur lic.about the info comming up wrong.
tadluvadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Header

Default License

If you look at it before you pay for it then the issuer should correct it. They had my name spelled wrong on my hunting license and it would have been a $4. correction fee because I did not check before I paid for it. I called the ODNR and they changed it on their records. Then when I needed an extra doe tag the same issuer station could not find my name online. They called the ODNR office and they directed them to my info. Such a hassel. You know the ssn is not meant for indentifaction purposes, it states that right on the card, so I tried not to use it for id for my license and they told me without it I don't get the license. They would not take my drivers license for id. What b.s.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
flounder
2 min 30 sec from Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Header View Post
They would not take my drivers license for id. What b.s.
I thought they just swiped it at the place of purchase and it spit out the info. Did that change with the new system?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
419deerhunter
d{>_<}b

Lake Erie Region  
 Lake Erie Region  

I dont matter mine usually shows my old address as well I have asked about it because it dont match address on my license they said its fine
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
die4irish

Just tell them if checked that you moved. Do you go get a new drivers licence if you change homes? I never did just corrected it the next time I renewed.

It took me 1 hr to get my licence today because the new System would not recognize my city. She was on the phone with odnr for 45 minutes till they finally figured the data base had my town misspelled??????????????

Last edited by die4irish; 03-02-2012 at 03:22 PM.
die4irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Weatherby

Quote:
You know the ssn is not meant for indentifaction purposes, it states that right on the card

Not anymore. It has been removed from Social Security cards.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
FISNFOOL

The feds now require your ssn for a fishing or hunting license. It stats this on the ODNR site. Once you give it, you are issued a number to use as future identification for license purchase.

Makes you wonder why the feds want to know if you hunt of fish.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
ezbite
the Susan Lucci of OGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISNFOOL View Post
It's so they can come take those lethal bait casters when they outlaw them, from my cold dead hands

http://www.youtube.com/user/ezbite1
ezbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
Wow
Will Yak For Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISNFOOL View Post

Deadbeats! Some guys can buy Licences, tags, guns and boats, but won't financially support their spawn.--Tim............................................... .................................................. ..............................................Name:  baby.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  4.6 KB
Wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
JSykes3
A.K.A. Rooster

Inland Rivers & Streams  

Crap. I just checked my new licence after I read this.
It has my old home address from last year on it, because I just had them copy the info off of last years licence. Oh well, guess I'll get it changed next year.
JSykes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
tadluvadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Header View Post
If you look at it before you pay for it then the issuer should correct it. They had my name spelled wrong on my hunting license and it would have been a $4. correction fee because I did not check before I paid for it. I called the ODNR and they changed it on their records. Then when I needed an extra doe tag the same issuer station could not find my name online. They called the ODNR office and they directed them to my info. Such a hassel. You know the ssn is not meant for indentifaction purposes, it states that right on the card, so I tried not to use it for id for my license and they told me without it I don't get the license. They would not take my drivers license for id. What b.s.
Wow not shure where u guys are buying ur stuff but the only time we ask for ur ssn is if u dont have any form of id.otherwise we can do it from a previous fishing/hunting lic.only time a ssn is absolutly needed is if it is a youth lic.fyi ur name isent online it is only the odnr cumputer. its government just like the dmv.matter of fact its linked to it.thats how info comes up when your dl.number is enterd in that computer.really somone is making it way too hard lol.as far as wrong adress......STOP FREAKING OUT OVER IT FOLKS ITS NOT A BIG DEAL.PEOPLE MOVE ALL THE TIME IN YEAR SO ALOT OF ADRESSES ARENT CURRENT. the only thing that has to match your ohdl is ur name,birthdate.THE INFO IS ON YOUR HUNTING LIC. IS SO IF THE WARDEN STOPS YOU,HE KNOWS THAT INFO IS YOU AND NOT UR BRO OR FATHER OR COUSIN.TOTALY FALSE FOR A VENDOR NOT TO TAKE UR ODL.WE DONT EVEN NEED ONE TO SELL U ONE.but if u dont have o ohdl then they need a ssn to prove u are who u say u are.think about it,otherwise u could just make up a name and birthdate and never be held responsible for game laws.SO BOTTOM LINE IS IT CAN BE DONE TWO WAYS..... A OHDL 0R A SSN.YOU NEVER HAVE TO HAVE BOTH.trust me folks i train people to sell them.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
JSykes3
A.K.A. Rooster

Inland Rivers & Streams  

I wasn't freaking out, it's alright. :/
JSykes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #15
die4irish

Dude needs a chill pill
die4irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #16
ezbite
the Susan Lucci of OGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadluvadd View Post
Wow not shure where u guys are buying ur stuff but the only time we ask for ur ssn is if u dont have any form of id.otherwise we can do it from a previous fishing/hunting lic.only time a ssn is absolutly needed is if it is a youth lic.fyi ur name isent online it is only the odnr cumputer. its government just like the dmv.matter of fact its linked to it.thats how info comes up when your dl.number is enterd in that computer.really somone is making it way too hard lol.as far as wrong adress......STOP FREAKING OUT OVER IT FOLKS ITS NOT A BIG DEAL.PEOPLE MOVE ALL THE TIME IN YEAR SO ALOT OF ADRESSES ARENT CURRENT. the only thing that has to match your ohdl is ur name,birthdate.THE INFO IS ON YOUR HUNTING LIC. IS SO IF THE WARDEN STOPS YOU,HE KNOWS THAT INFO IS YOU AND NOT UR BRO OR FATHER OR COUSIN.TOTALY FALSE FOR A VENDOR NOT TO TAKE UR ODL.WE DONT EVEN NEED ONE TO SELL U ONE.but if u dont have o ohdl then they need a ssn to prove u are who u say u are.think about it,otherwise u could just make up a name and birthdate and never be held responsible for game laws.SO BOTTOM LINE IS IT CAN BE DONE TWO WAYS..... A OHDL 0R A SSN.YOU NEVER HAVE TO HAVE BOTH.trust me folks i train people to sell them.

hahaha, is that a text to the wrong place or your reply????

Old 03-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #17
tadluvadd

Nope just tired of folks comming into my store somtimes misinformed and bitching about stuff that simply isent true.and now im seeing it here on this post.i mean some of these posts almost make it sound as if the retailer is gonna do a full body search and a credit ck.just trying to help yal out as well as us folks who are selling u the lic.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #18
ezbite
the Susan Lucci of OGF

i was simply trying to make light of this whole thread, but since you brought it up and are only trying to help, heres my take on it... people have a right to question authority, to question someone who is asking for private information, to ask why? i find it foolish to have to give out my ssn to pay my state, where i pay taxes, to allow me to fish. my address should be just find, when i buy my license, the retailer should take my drivers license, comfirm all info is correct and print out my hunting/fishing license. after all, that what we are paying for,a service, right? but i do give my ssn and will continue to do so because i enjoy fishing and hunting. BUT, that doesnt mean we dont have the right to "bitch" about it. theres already too many sheep in this world IMO.

Last edited by ezbite; 03-03-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #19
fallen513
M.saxatilis x M.chrysops

Quote:
You know the ssn is not meant for indentifaction purposes,

lolz.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #20
fredg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadluvadd View Post
Wow dude I thought I had a light
Question on my post

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
fredg53 is offline   Reply With Quote