Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > Tackle Talk >

New Products from ICAST!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Default New Products from ICAST!

Go to www.bassmaster.com and then go to GEAR, then you can see slides of new Reels, Rods, HardBaits, or SoftBaits! My shopping list is already made out!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 07-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
Tokugawa
Tackle addict

What a bunch of dummies. They can't put the correct name of the reel on the Z200? It is not called a Magforce 3D. Magforce 3D is the braking technology.

That Ardent Edge is incredibly ugly.

Overall a good show. Daiwa delivered tech craziness, Shimano delivered for budget anglers and Abu won best in show for freshwater reel. Hope the MGX lives up to the billing. It looks good!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
What a bunch of dummies. They can't put the correct name of the reel on the Z200? It is not called a Magforce 3D. Magforce 3D is the braking technology.

That Ardent Edge is incredibly ugly.

Overall a good show. Daiwa delivered tech craziness, Shimano delivered for budget anglers and Abu won best in show for freshwater reel. Hope the MGX lives up to the billing. It looks good!
If there was anyone else that I would have bet on to follow ICast it would have been you!LOL

I'm looking more at the baits, but I need a GOOD spinning reel???? Any suggestions?
I want to check out the Ouzo Gator Toad, Northern Lights color changing plastics and hardbaits, the Z-Man PaddlerZ, Damika MTB, ABT Banshee, The YoSuri color reflecting hardbaits, and BigBiteBaits Crappie Thumper

Last edited by Intimidator; 07-20-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Bad Bub
Pushin' Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
If there was anyone else that I would have bet on to follow ICast it would have been you!LOL

I'm looking more at the baits, but I need a GOOD spinning reel???? Any suggestions?
I want to check out the Ouzo Gator Toad, Northern Lights color changing plastics and hardbaits, the Z-Man PaddlerZ, Damika MTB, ABT Banshee, The YoSuri color reflecting hardbaits, and BigBiteBaits Crappie Thumper
Check out the quantum reels. I have 2 of the energy's and a catalyst. Smooth drags and great bails. Another good one is the shimano symetre. Great reel for the money. It's my #1 dropshot reel.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors
Old 07-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bub View Post
Check out the quantum reels. I have 2 of the energy's and a catalyst. Smooth drags and great bails. Another good one is the shimano symetre. Great reel for the money. It's my #1 dropshot reel.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors
I called Quantum yesterday about the SMOKE spinner, they said it wouldn't be out until Jan 2012! I may just wait!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Gsxrfanim

I am interested in trying out the new NanoFil line. It must be something if it won one of the top awards.
Definitely like the Shimano prices. There are also some good prices right now on older model Citicas and Curados.
Did any of you read the article about the two 22 yr old kids that took their concept to the ICast and did pretty good?
They have an interchangeable Spinnerbait/Buzzbait kit that you can change weight, blades and such without retying the lure.
It would be interesting to see how that pans out for them.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
young-gun21

I'm torn on the Nanofil. Reviews from ICAST were obviously strong, but I haven't heard too many of the guys using it raving about it yet.
I guess i'll probably give it a shot before the end of the season.

It amazes me that every year these companies come out with different baits, or a new twist on a bait that makes me sit here and drool! I hate 'em!!!!

Sent from my HTC Evo
young-gun21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

I've been using the NANOFIL now for over a month. You should definitely give it a try...my only complaint is that the rated line strength is at the knot. I also fish alot from the bank and with my normal Daiwa Samurai Braid 20lb (2 lb dia) I can pull free from most snags or straighten the hook. The 12 lb Nanofil will not allow me to do this and until I learned that, I lost alot of lures! I really did not have the abrasion issues that most had and like I said fish alot of rocks and areas with submerged trees, the weak spot of the line even with abrasion is the knot. I also use a double palomar (trying to get more knot strength) without issue, but it did not increase knot strength! If you like braid and use this line on a boat all the time (where you can move to unhook snags) and can live with the rated knot strength.....IT IS PERFECTION!

Last edited by Intimidator; 07-20-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
young-gun21

Well that's 1 endorsement! I'm using 10# Sufix 832. Does the Nanofil float or sink?

Sent from my HTC Evo
young-gun21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by young-gun21 View Post
Well that's 1 endorsement! I'm using 10# Sufix 832. Does the Nanofil float or sink?

Sent from my HTC Evo
Floats...like regular braid...same fibers as PP.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
Tokugawa
Tackle addict

Quote:

That new Certate is completely awesome, but those are big $. The new Stradic FJ i sweet in white.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #12
Wow
Will Yak For Food

Ohhh! OOOOHHH! Wowwwwww! What impressive new crap, this year. I can get some and retire last years latest crap.LOL!!!!! ......Thanks for helping the economy!......So what are you? Yuppie fishermen or tackle collectors? --Tim............................................... .................................................. ..........................................Name:  barnum.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  97.0 KB .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..Name:  chimp%20tongue.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  3.4 KB
Wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #13
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

I thought all fishermen was "Tackle Collectors".
Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow View Post
Ohhh! OOOOHHH! Wowwwwww! What impressive new crap, this year. I can get some and retire last years latest crap.LOL!!!!! ......Thanks for helping the economy!......So what are you? Yuppie fishermen or tackle collectors? --Tim............................................... .................................................. ..........................................Attachment 47681 .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..Attachment 47682
Come on Tim, don't get your panties all bunched up!

I am a "Full Blooded" Redneck that is able to purchase new lures and gear, I try them out and give good reviews.....so others may be able to use the reviews to make "Good" purchases if they want....AND I just enjoy trying new stuff and new techniques....most of the time, if it works like my normal stuff I end up giving it away to kids or people that are interested in using it! I have 6 Rods and Reels now and the three sizes of PLANO fishouflage soft bags and that is all the lures and gear (for crappie, Walleye, and Bass) that I will ever own from now on! If I find something new that is better, I will give away the old...this was a promise to my wife!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
Tokugawa
Tackle addict

Quote:
I've been using the NANOFIL now for over a month. You should definitely give it a try...my only complaint is that the rated line strength is at the knot. I also fish alot from the bank and with my normal Daiwa Samurai Braid 20lb (2 lb dia) I can pull free from most snags or straighten the hook. The 12 lb Nanofil will not allow me to do this and until I learned that, I lost alot of lures! I really did not have the abrasion issues that most had and like I said fish alot of rocks and areas with submerged trees, the weak spot of the line even with abrasion is the knot. I also use a double palomar (trying to get more knot strength) without issue, but it did not increase knot strength! If you like braid and use this line on a boat all the time (where you can move to unhook snags) and can live with the rated knot strength.....IT IS PERFECTION!
Is it clear? Or is it opaque? I've heard mixed answers so hopefully you can set the record straight...seems interesting but I'm wondering why I'd use it over a braid or a FC.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
Tokugawa
Tackle addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow View Post
ohhh! Oooohhh! Wowwwwww! What impressive new crap, this year. I can get some and retire last years latest crap.lol!!!!! ......thanks for helping the economy!......so what are you? Yuppie fishermen or tackle collectors? --tim............................................... .................................................. ..........................................Attachment 47681 .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..Attachment 47682
smh.......
Old 07-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
Is it clear? Or is it opaque? I've heard mixed answers so hopefully you can set the record straight...seems interesting but I'm wondering why I'd use it over a braid or a FC.
I would say opaque, it is not clear, but it totally disappears in the stained water of CJ...I cannot speak for clear water areas.
My main reason for trying it, was to see if there really was that big of a difference in casting distance...and there is a huge difference! I split between bank and boat and while on the bank I sometimes need "Monster" casts to get to deep water and the Nanofil does this easily....but at a price if you get snagged!
Just think of it as a braid that casts better but is not as strong!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
Tokugawa
Tackle addict

Quote:
I would say opaque, it is not clear, but it totally disappears in the stained water of CJ...I cannot speak for clear water areas.
My main reason for trying it, was to see if there really was that big of a difference in casting distance...and there is a huge difference! I split between bank and boat and while on the bank I sometimes need "Monster" casts to get to deep water and the Nanofil does this easily....but at a price if you get snagged!
Just think of it as a braid that casts better but is not as strong!
Thanks! Sounds interesting!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #19
Wow
Will Yak For Food

I expected to hear from Larry, Curly and Mo.....I'm not disappointed. So where's Shemp?
Intimidator, I applaud your humanitarianism, sombody's got to do it! LOL!--Tim............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ........................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh%20No%202%20SM.jpg (3.2 KB, 215 views)
Wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #20
Tokugawa
Tackle addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow View Post
I expected to hear from Larry, Curly and Mo.....I'm not disappointed. So where's Shemp?
Intimidator, I applaud your humanitarianism, sombody's got to do it! LOL!--Tim............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ........................
I find it incongruent that you post prayers in one thread and so willingly attempt to force conflict in another. This is growing old.