Ohio Game Fishing



Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

Fremont Walleye Run

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
fordman
Member
 
fordman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fremont
Posts: 67
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Fremont Walleye Run

I went down and did some casting after work today. Water looked like coffee and cream. I didnt catch any but watched a few get snagged and turned back. I saw a guy carrying one out at the time i was about to leave but judging by the ODNR officers detaining him in the parking lot he must not of got it legal. Also if the guy in waders and red hooded sweatshirt under the tracks reads this way to go on sportsmen ethics. I saw him snag 3 and turn all of em back. Good job!
fordman is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE



Old 03-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
tiffinohioguy
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: tiffin
Posts: 49
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default guy in red hood

one of the fish he hooked right under the mouth too. iv seen some people keep them like that. so far no eyes far me yet. been there twice so far. snagged 2 the other day
tiffinohioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
rutnut245
Senior Member
 
rutnut245's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodville
Posts: 627
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default 3/16

I fished today from 1-6p.m.I only caught 2 but lost one right at the net again.A friend of mine met me about 2:30 and he caught 2 in an hour and a half.We tried several color combinations but all fish were caught on hot pink floaters with clear chartruese tails with flake.They aren't thick in there by any stretch,gonna fish Maumee thursday.

About 1:30 they turned on the pumps at the pump house at the top of the wall,the same spot where the G.W.'s set up there spotting scopes.I've seen them pump into the river there before but I never saw anything that looked like what came out of there today.It started out grey water and then turned black as black can be,it looked just like motor oil that had never been changed.They pumped a huge amount of that crap for at least 20 mins.I checked it out when I left and it sure looked and smelled like oil,it's sprayed all over the wall.I believe it's overflow from the storm sewage system.
rutnut245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
sploosh56
Senior Member
 
sploosh56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oak Harbor
Posts: 526
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Send a message via AIM to sploosh56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutnut245 View Post
I fished today from 1-6p.m.I only caught 2 but lost one right at the net again.A friend of mine met me about 2:30 and he caught 2 in an hour and a half.We tried several color combinations but all fish were caught on hot pink floaters with clear chartruese tails with flake.They aren't thick in there by any stretch,gonna fish Maumee thursday.

About 1:30 they turned on the pumps at the pump house at the top of the wall,the same spot where the G.W.'s set up there spotting scopes.I've seen them pump into the river there before but I never saw anything that looked like what came out of there today.It started out grey water and then turned black as black can be,it looked just like motor oil that had never been changed.They pumped a huge amount of that crap for at least 20 mins.I checked it out when I left and it sure looked and smelled like oil,it's sprayed all over the wall.I believe it's overflow from the storm sewage system.

Did that discharge resemble this?
http://i.imgur.com/djCIc.jpg
__________________
"If it's high maintenance, and it's on your boat, it better be in a bikini."
sploosh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
rutnut245
Senior Member
 
rutnut245's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodville
Posts: 627
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yeah it looked a lot like that but 1000x the volume.
rutnut245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
sploosh56
Senior Member
 
sploosh56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oak Harbor
Posts: 526
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Send a message via AIM to sploosh56
Default

That's disgusting. At least there have been no reports of turds floating downstream.
__________________
"If it's high maintenance, and it's on your boat, it better be in a bikini."
sploosh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
walleyeguy19
Senior Member
 
walleyeguy19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: fremont
Posts: 153
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

seen 7 walleye caught today all legal and in a matter of 4 hours. The run is looking good!
walleyeguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
thistubesforu
gotta love bass thumb
 
thistubesforu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: clyde
Posts: 292
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

just got back from the river managed to catch one redhorse, also snagged and released one eye. only fished for a couple of hours the guy under the tracks with the red hoodie must of managed one legal fish cuz he had one on a stringer when i got there. need the water to clear a bit and slow down for my liking.
thistubesforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
NorthSouthOhioFisherman
The Young Outdoorsman
 
NorthSouthOhioFisherman's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW and SW Ohio
Posts: 4,610
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Inland Lakes & Reservoirs  
 Lake Erie Region  
 Lake Erie Region  
 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via AIM to NorthSouthOhioFisherman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistubesforu View Post
just got back from the river managed to catch one redhorse, also snagged and released one eye.
Were you the one with the baitcaster? I was with the three other kids lol
I left about 630
__________________
CYA On The Water,
Jonny

~Youtube Fishing Show~
~Fishing and Fun~
...ZINK CALLS...
NorthSouthOhioFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
BassPro822
Member
 
BassPro822's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fremont, OH
Posts: 50
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wow had a good day at the river today My brother got one my buddy got 2 and I seen two guys limit out in 1 hour. It was incredible I have never seen a set up like this before. They had a #6 hook on with a little piece of orange yarn tied to the hook with a 6 foot leader. These guys absolutely tore it up. Oh yeah I snagged three and threw them all back
BassPro822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
rutnut245
Senior Member
 
rutnut245's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodville
Posts: 627
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Lining

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPro822 View Post
Wow had a good day at the river today My brother got one my buddy got 2 and I seen two guys limit out in 1 hour. It was incredible I have never seen a set up like this before. They had a #6 hook on with a little piece of orange yarn tied to the hook with a 6 foot leader. These guys absolutely tore it up. Oh yeah I snagged three and threw them all back
Hooked in the corner of the mouth,right.That's called lining,common salmon fishing technique.
rutnut245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #12
Sarge189
Game Fisherman
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blacklick, Ohio
Posts: 115
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

catching them between the bridges or down in the shoot.
Sarge189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
fordman
Member
 
fordman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fremont
Posts: 67
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutnut245 View Post
Hooked in the corner of the mouth,right.That's called lining,common salmon fishing technique.
i give em credit for being smart enough to think of that method but i find it hard to bring fish out and keep my pride that way. they'd make good politicians. lol
fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
thistubesforu
gotta love bass thumb
 
thistubesforu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: clyde
Posts: 292
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

yea northsouth i snagged the eye shortly after u left. i didnt stay to much longer after u guys took off.
thistubesforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.












Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2014, Game Fishing LLC