Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Lake Erie Fishing Reports >

Walk on perch boat OTHER than Linda Mae

Lake Erie Weather | Lake Erie Wave Forcasts & Temps| Free Maps & Charts| Lake Erie Lake Cams| Charter Captains| Marinas & Dealers| Lodging

this forum is sponsored by: South Shore Marine

Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Mrtwister7
Mrtwister7

Default Walk on perch boat OTHER than Linda Mae

I am looking for a walk on perch boat and have heard (and seen post) about the Linda Mae not being very friendly at times. I don't want to take a chance with my son and end up regretting booking there. Also, looks like their fish #'s are very inconsistent - maybe not a very good captain???
Anyhow, any recommendations for other walk ons? If not, I will pay more for a regular charter if it means better service - I just like the idea (and price) of walk ons. Cleveland to Marblehead would be good for me.

Thanks a ton for info!!
Mrtwister7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 09-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
tubuzz2
1700 Lund Red and tan

Try Tibbles marina in west harbor they have walk on head boats. Plus there is one that shows up in Vermilion in the fall, it not there yet but should be soon.
tubuzz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
FreeByrdSteve

Tibbles in Marblehead, Fisherman's Wharf from Port Clinton will likley be bringing the Miss Cindy to Vermilion - call them and find out.

For a personal charter I'd highly recommend Captain Marc Bottone - MY BONNIE Charters fishing on a 25 Carolina Classic out of Lorain. Marc is an advertiser and supporter here on OGF. He has a banner ad that scrolls at the top.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Agitation Free

Big Fish!

If you're looking in the Cleveland area, try the Holiday. Not sure of the web site or phone #. It was posted on another OGF thread. Sorry I can't help further.
Agitation Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
backagainbaha
Walleye Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubuzz2 View Post
Try Tibbles marina in west harbor they have walk on head boats. Plus there is one that shows up in Vermilion in the fall, it not there yet but should be soon.
Fisherman Warf- The Miss Ciny was supposed to begin yesterday out of Vermillion.

I fished straight out of Vermilion Monday and nail are limit in about 4 hours. A bit of a grind however if the wind would have been down we probably would of had it done in 2 hours.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
Fishmonger
Wishin I was Fishin

Send a message via AIM to Fishmonger
Default Head Boat Info Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agitation Free View Post
If you're looking in the Cleveland area, try the Holiday. Not sure of the web site or phone #. It was posted on another OGF thread. Sorry I can't help further.
Holiday - Cleveland 216-991-FISH (3474)... Docked on the Cuyahoga river- the west bank of the flats.. 8:00am-2:00pm dock to dock. (sometimes stays longer if all are willing) $35 adults - $25 kids 16 and under.
Leave message and Capn Elliot will call you back. Good People.

I'd rather Hook a Fish than Click a Mouse.
Fishmonger
Fishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
mustang31

The website for the Holiday doesn't mention fishing for some reason but they do have a flyer advertising walk-on fishing trips. In fact my volleyball league is chartering a perch trip on the 25th with them.
Holidaycleveland.com
216.771.2628 or 216.991.3474
mustang31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Worm Man

Send a message via Yahoo to Worm Man
Default Miss Cindy

I have had good luck on the Miss Cindy out of Vermilion and would recommend them when they start running.
Worm Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #9
mkalink

Tibbel's in Marblehead, wonderful family run business. Just the nicest people I have ever fished with.
mkalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #10
Lightman

I hear good things about the holiday..if the driving is reasonably equal, go to Cleveland or east, the perch are bigger than the western basin.
Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #11
JustOneMoreFish

Default Tibbels for sure

I don't know of a better walkon charter than Tibbels. Run 4 boats, excellent captains, been in business for over eighty (80) years, chartering long before GPS and fish finders and catching fish long before most of us ever heard of Lake Erie. These guys are good. Treat everyone with respect as a customer should be. URL is www.Tibbelsfishing.com

Al
JustOneMoreFish.com
JustOneMoreFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
stinksbaittackle
Rather Be FISHING!

The Holiday would be the one to check out in cleveland.
stinksbaittackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
c. j. stone

For a personal charter I'd highly recommend Captain Marc Bottone - MY BONNIE Charters fishing on a 25 Carolina Classic out of Lorain. Marc is an advertiser and supporter here on OGF. He has a banner ad that scrolls at the top.[/QUOTE]

If not mistaken on D'Arcy Egans recent show, they are already fishing salmon on other lakes.
c. j. stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #14
FreeByrdSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by c. j. stone View Post
For a personal charter I'd highly recommend Captain Marc Bottone - MY BONNIE Charters fishing on a 25 Carolina Classic out of Lorain. Marc is an advertiser and supporter here on OGF. He has a banner ad that scrolls at the top.
If not mistaken on D'Arcy Egans recent show, they are already fishing salmon on other lakes.[/QUOTE]

Marc has his 25 Carolina Classic back in Lorain for the rest of the year. (also Frank Kittrick Y-Knot is back fishing Lake Erie). Marc was up on Lake Ontario for August through last weekend. Frank was on Lake Ontario from mid July through last week as well.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #15
Headboat Hunter

I recommand The Fisherman Wharf out of Port Clinton! They are running daily perch trips from 8:00am-3:00pm 419-734-9002. I go out with them all of the time. They are running a boat out of Vermillion but they do fill those trips fast. They have no opening in am for the V trip the so I will have to go out of port clinton.
Headboat Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
floater99

Holiday in clve area #1 perchin
Tibbles island area #1 for perchin
Shorenuf port clinton # 2 iland area
Ive heard good things abt vermillion.Ms Cindy.
floater99 is offline   Reply With Quote