Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Central Ohio Fishing Reports >

Indian Lake Saugeye

Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
ndcocherl

Default Indian Lake Saugeye

Iv been fishing Indian Lake for the for the past few weeks now and having pretty good luck... have only been fishing on the south bank/ paradise island area and was wondering if anyone else has any luck with catching them anywhere else on the lake?? im not too familiar with the lake and was just wondering what my options were... any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
ndcocherl is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 05-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
quackpot

Are you fishing my spot? Just kidding. Paradise point is where I fish. I know we have talked. I have the tan GMC with camo. Bobby
quackpot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Redhunter1012

By next weekend my very first boat will be finished. It's just a 14 footer with a 7 horse Evinrude. I've fished Indian alot with my Dad and Uncle in their boats. We mostly fish out of Blackhawk but don't really fish alot of the Lake. I just have 1 question: What is my best options as far as Launching? I'd really like to be more versatile in areas that I can fish. Is there a map That I can pick up anywhere with all the launch sites and other places identified?
Redhunter1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
quackpot

you can get a nice lake map at spend-a-day marina. there is the blackhawk ramp(great food at the resterant), lakeview ramp, moundwood ramp, a ramp at chippawa, and a small ramp back in the islands past moundwood. that is the only ones i can think of. bobby
quackpot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
andesangler

ndcocherl, there are lots of places to catch saugeyes at Indian. They can be picky, though, so the best advice is to watch for boats that are trolling or drifting in open areas or anchored over the deeper holes, and join in the fray. Crankbaits, blade baits, worm harnesses and sometimes minnows on the bottom. If what you are doing isn't working, try something else.

Redhunter1012, you can download and save/print maps of Indian and lots of other lakes at ODNR's website:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/Fish...8/Default.aspx

These are formatted to print up to 11 x 17, but can be any size you set for your printer. One note about boat ramps--both Indian Lake maps that are available there neglect to show the boat ramp on Pew Island, on the right just after crossing the bridge from Seminole. One map shows a public ramp on Seminole (wrong location), and the other shows only a parking lot at the Pew ramp location.

One other note for new Indian Lake boaters. Keep an eye on the weather, particularly if the ramp you use is on open water, like the Lakeview Harbor ramp, or across the lake from where you are fishing. Even moreso if you use a smaller boat. Indian can whip up some impressive waves in a very short period of time.

Good luck!

andesangler
Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Tin Guppy

The fishing was sloooow this morning 2-14" saugeye,1 little w/bass. I was drifting out from Blackhawk, waves were kicking up pretty good only 5 boats launched from there this am.
Tin Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
saugmon

I'll be out there tomorrow morning . We took 11 a couple of tuesday evenings ago . Then the dreaded coldfronts and chilly downpours probably turned them off.

I'll be out there tomorrow morning with 3 of us on trip #2 for the year! This time with my GPS,all my planerboard gear,and walkie talkie. Anybody out there tomorrow morning,give me a buzz on channel 10 .
Old 05-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
saugmon

Trollin'

2 of us took 9 saugeye this morning . Threw back 2 dinks and 2 half dinks.One of those half dinks was 13" long,but only an inch in diameter.Very skinny and mutated looking. Anywho,they were all in the 15" range except for 1 that went 21". All using bomber B02 firecraws and bandit 100 taco salad. The bite died off after 8:30 a.m.. Same spot as a week and a half ago.My cousin kept 2 of the 3 white bass,15" female was the biggest.He also got the 5 lb flattie on the taco salad.

Water Temp in main lake was 70 degrees. A lot warmer than I expected after the barrage of coldfronts last week.It's going to be a very good season!