If it gets him on the water, makes him happy, and works with your budget then yeah! I borrowed a friends "el cheapest they sell at dicks" ( i wannt say you could get it for 169 or 179 then use a 20 off coupon) a couple years ago (the kind some on here say to avoid, splits at seams, etc etc etc) and it was fine. Can i tell a difference bw it and my current dirigo 106? Easily. Did it git er done though? Heck yeah. Figure it gets used 20 times and if each time is worth $5 then its paid for. 40 times and each times is worth $2.50 then its paid for, etc, etc, etc. Have fun. The way i see it is just having a yak, any yak is 90% of it. The other 10% is icing on the cake. Heck before that i went through 3 coleman inflatable yaks over 4-5 years i got at wally world for $10 on clearance. Those were the days.....towards the end there were always at least one, if not 2 or 3 of the air bladders that went out. I had a blast though. Sometimes it got so pathetic (like id be down to a single bladder out of 5 that didnt leak) that it was laughable. Take that puppy out. Looks pretty nice and better than the dicks "el cheapest".
"PLEASE get back to fishing, if you just want to pick fights and complain, go talk to your wives, or for some of you that aren't old enough, your girlfriends."