Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > The Lounge >

Fake Drug Checkpoint Opinion

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
FOSR
Alex

Back when I was learning to drive in the 70s, OHP would sometimes have vehicle inspection checkpoints set up along a road somewhere. They would give the basic inspection (tires, lights, signals, horn, etc.) and "condition of driver" was one criterion. Pass and you get a windshield decal that gets you through any other inspection until it expires.

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 06-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
ezbite
the Susan Lucci of OGF

why waste time posting a sign saying theres a check point and not have one?? seems like a waste of funds to me....

kinda pisses me off too. if your gonna have a check point, fine. im all for that, why create a possible panic and accident because of a FUDA!!??

http://www.youtube.com/user/ezbite1

Last edited by ezbite; 06-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #23
rustyfish

I assume the sign was posted where there would not be any turn offs, therefore a person would have to perform an illegal action to avoid it.

I think it makes it even for the fact that they have to warn the public when and where the alcohol check points are which is stupid. I like my privacy and I don't want to be bothered but I'd rather dangerous people be taken off the road.

I have never had a bad experience with law officers even when I was having a little to much fun and got caught. I would rather be inconvenienced by the law than the A-holes they are trying to catch. I'm not in the business of protecting criminals, I'd rather my family be safe.

Sent from my MB886 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Single White Male -looking for wild healthy mature Flathead. No smaller than 15 pounds but the bigger the better. Do not need to cook or clean, just needs enjoy munching on creek chubs and long fights on the beach. Please meet me tonight at the old scioto mill dam in Piketon. Ill be waiting
Old 06-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #24
Lowell H Turner

Was always curious that even having posted a "check point" that after the 2 hrs(?) in place required that they can "move" it almost anywhere else inside the same county/ or city, depending upon who`s "hosting" it...but "hosting a "FAKE" `drug checkpoint`? Do they have to let you go if you have "real" drugs as opposed to say baking soda you might be trying to pass off as cocaine AND do you have to willingly confess? Sounds like entrapment...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #25
bulafisherman

Entrapment.....pure and simple in my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 06-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #26
FISNFOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
Doesn't bother me at all. If you not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about IMO.
I'm always amazed by the number of citizens that will give up their Constitutional rights even though they are an honest law abiding citizen.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #27
seethe303
Senior Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISNFOOL View Post
I'm always amazed by the number of citizens that will give up their Constitutional rights even though they are an honest law abiding citizen.
Law abiding citizens shouldn't need the protection of the constitution if they're doing nothing wrong!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #28
Mr. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethe303 View Post
Law abiding citizens shouldn't need the protection of the constitution if they're doing nothing wrong!
You are 100% correct, we SHOULDN'T, but unfortunately, we do. As a matter of fact, we are the ones that need them the most. When we give ours up its not like anyone is going to willingly give them back either.

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
<))))>{
Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #29
sonar

[Q. L.H.T.] -",,but "hosting a "FAKE" `drug checkpoint`? Do they have to let you go if you have "real" drugs as opposed to say baking soda you might be trying to pass off as cocaine AND do you have to willingly confess?" YOU CRACK me up!! OF COURSE THEY LET YOU GO!! It sez: FAKE,,so NO part of it is REAL,,rite?? & Hell,,who's to say there is even a "Check-Point" in the first place?? ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #30
lakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
Doesn't bother me at all. If you not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about IMO.
Where would you draw the line, or would you draw a line at all? Should they be able to search your vehicle at will? Look into your email, phone records, banking records, medical records, etc. at will? Should they be allowed to enter your home and search it at will? After all if you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about, right?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
FOSR
Alex

Quote:
Should they be able to search your vehicle at will?

Should they be allowed to enter your home and search it at will?
Before you answer yes because you're not breaking any laws (intentionally anyway) keep in mind that they really enjoy ripping up other people's stuff when they search. They face zero accountability, so they can go fishing for absolutely anything, and do anything under the color of law. Restoring your vehicle or household is entirely your problem when they come up empty-handed.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
Atwood

Giving away our rights because we did nothing wrong would have our forefathers rolling in there graves. Soldiers have died in many wars to protect our constitutional rights, yet some folks would just give them away. Apathetic to say the least.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #33
ranger373v
Resident fishing idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezbite View Post
my thoughts exactly...
the 4th is coming, stand up and declare your independence, rebel against the government! lol yeah thats what i was thinking...i have been wronged by the police so many times.. so corrupt
Closed Thread